• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying at a Place of Voting or Caucus.

Wolfebane

I would like to ask, assuming the place is not at a site that is already prohibited (such as a school in the case of Island County) is it allowed to carry to a place of voting or caucus?

I would also like to ask can you attend ANY caucus in the state in which you reside or must you go to the one in which you registered. I grew up in Island County and am currently living in Whatcom county attending WWU, would I then be able to attend the caucus in Whatcom county instead of driving south all the way to Oak Harbor?

Metalhead47

I think it's based on your legal precinct of residence. What's the address on your driver's licence say? Where do they normally mail your ballots? I would think that unless it's a prohibited place like a school (stupid island county), state pre-preemption or private property rules apply. Nothing in the RCW's says you can't carry to a caucus.

hermannr

On your voter registration card there is a precinct name or number, I used to be in Hamberg Precinct in Skagit Co, we caucused in a private home...IMHO: Carry or not would be be up to the owners (they didn't care). I now live in the Antoine Peak precinct and we caucus in the Oroville senior center (Town owned). They can say nothing about carry there, it's legal by law.

Where will you caucus? Whatever precinct you are a registerd voter in. Look on you voter registration card for the name of your precinct, look online where that precinct will caucus, that is where you go. You will not be allowed to caucus in another precinct, yes, they do check.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

You must caucus at the preceint in which you are registred. In the first post of this thread I included some links to help find your caucus location.

The Caucuses are run by the Parties. So private property rules apply. There is nothing in the RCWs that prohibits carry at a place of voting, or a caucus site. However some caucus sites are at "prohibited places", mine is at a highschool.

heresolong

Mine is also at a school which I find quite frustrating, but they are big enough and easily obtained on a weekend. I probably am not going to go this year. As far as the candidates go

1) Mitt Romney (better than Obama)

2) Rick Santorum (better than Obama and Romney but less chance of winning)

3) Newt Gingrich (just waiting for him to do something stupid and destroy his chances)

4) Ron Paul (I understand the attraction but he has some absolutely out there and dangerous views. OK for Iran to have nukes? Seriously? There have been a few other views that I thought were pretty unrealistic but I like his economic and government ideas generally)

Fact is, I don't think there is a perfect candidate for us but I think that regardless of what you think of the four, any of them would be better than Obama. Don't believe me? Think about two or three more Supreme Court justices along the lines of Sotomayor and Kagan. Think we'll be worrying about whether the manager of Walmart asks us to leave with our firearms?

hermannr

Mine is also at a school which I find quite frustrating, but they are big enough and easily obtained on a weekend. I probably am not going to go this year. As far as the candidates go

1) Mitt Romney (better than Obama)

2) Rick Santorum (better than Obama and Romney but less chance of winning)

3) Newt Gingrich (just waiting for him to do something stupid and destroy his chances)

4) Ron Paul (I understand the attraction but he has some absolutely out there and dangerous views. OK for Iran to have nukes? Seriously? There have been a few other views that I thought were pretty unrealistic but I like his economic and government ideas generally)

Fact is, I don't think there is a perfect candidate for us but I think that regardless of what you think of the four, any of them would be better than Obama. Don't believe me? Think about two or three more Supreme Court justices along the lines of Sotomayor and Kagan. Think we'll be worrying about whether the manager of Walmart asks us to leave with our firearms?

The latest Rasmonson poll showed that Ron Paul has the best chance of beating Obama of any of the other candidates. Ron paul is the only one that consistantly supports the constitution. Ron Paul is the only one with a demonstratable plan to stop the financial bleeding. We will be a third world country if we keep going deeper and deeper in debt. Do know how Hitler managed to come to power in Germany? It was because of the "anarchists" that were spawned by the hyperinflation in the 20's..Same excuse was used to disarm desenters of the government's policies...

As for Iran...If Isreal is worried about Iran, let them take care of the problem themselves. Isreal is a sovereign nation, as is Iran, we have no business tring to tell either how to run their country...that is where all this terrorist stuff comes from. Think about it. Swap positions, let's say Iran was trying to dictate policy to the US...do you think we would stand for it? No, well, why should Iran (or Isreal) stand for the US trying to dictate their foreign poilicies? Ron Paul has the correct idea, influence as possible, attempt to control by force, NO.

END_THE_FED

Ron Paul has a 100% rating with "Gun Owners Of America".

Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase.

Ron Paul has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

Ron Paul has never voted for an increase in congressional salary.

Ron Paul has remained ideologically consistent throughout his congressional career.

Ron Paul has a plan to cut one trillion from the budget in the first year. (And this is a real cut not a "D.C. cut" where they reduce the amount of an increase and call it a cut.)

Ron Paul has received more contributions from active duty military members than all the other GOP canidates combined.

He is the best candidate to defeat Obama. General elections are often won by independats and "swing voters". He can easily attract more independents than any of the others. He will even get some Dems/left wingers who are upset with Obama's long trail of broken promises.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

The latest Rasmonson poll showed that Ron Paul has the best chance of beating Obama of any of the other candidates. Ron paul is the only one that consistantly supports the constitution. Ron Paul is the only one with a demonstratable plan to stop the financial bleeding. We will be a third world country if we keep going deeper and deeper in debt. Do know how Hitler managed to come to power in Germany? It was because of the "anarchists" that were spawned by the hyperinflation in the 20's..Same excuse was used to disarm desenters of the government's policies...

As for Iran...If Isreal is worried about Iran, let them take care of the problem themselves. Isreal is a sovereign nation, as is Iran, we have no business tring to tell either how to run their country...that is where all this terrorist stuff comes from. Think about it. Swap positions, let's say Iran was trying to dictate policy to the US...do you think we would stand for it? No, well, why should Iran (or Isreal) stand for the US trying to dictate their foreign poilicies? Ron Paul has the correct idea, influence as possible, attempt to control by force, NO.

Proof positive Rasmussen s nuts.

I've met and interviewed Ron and he's a nice guy, and an honest guy. But quite honestly, I don't know that he could beat Obama.

sudden valley gunner

Proof positive Rasmussen s nuts.

I've met and interviewed Ron and he's a nice guy, and an honest guy. But quite honestly, I don't know that he could beat Obama.

That's because many in the R field, look at it solely from the R's perspective. He would beat Obama hands down and better than the other GOP candidates because people like myself simply won't for the any of the other candidates, and there are many "moderate" Democrats who would vote Ron Paul too. And don't forget the pot heads....you know how many hippies would vote RP that don't normally vote GOP, if he was on the ticket, a lot I know I live in Bellingham....lol....

GreatWhiteLlama