• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Belt Site

Gil223

Went there, read that, shrugged and thought, "Four inches?? Why not add six or eight inches while you're at it? Just throw in a couple of extra holes for use until you actually become morbidly obese, and you're covered for the next 150 pounds" (I even think sarcastically)!

True enough, anybody could guarantee a "perfect fit" with a belt that was 4" longer than one's waist measurement. The seller could probably guarantee it for the next gain of 80 pounds or so! The Pillsbury Doughboy could use a belt like that...

I buy my gunbelts measured for IWB carry (yes, I do carry fully concealed during the Utah winters), because IWB carry is when you'll truly need some extra length on your belt. Hip holsters don't add diddly-squat to your belt size. How much extra do you really need? Two inches... unless you're carrying a MAC or Uzi inside your waistband. There is such a thing as "too much of a good thing", and an additional 4" of belt is exactly that... unless you're planning on a significant weight gain in the immediate future. On the other hand, you get four feet of "Bullhide" belt for the same price as three feet, so the extra 4" in length may be good insurance without any additional cost. Just my thoughts on the matter. Pax...

jeeper1

I thought the extra 4 inches was there to get it through the keeper.

Gil223

I thought the extra 4 inches was there to get it through the keeper.

The belts appear to have 3+ inches on the tab end, prior to the first hole - which should be more than enough to reach the keeper. Bullhide says on their web page that, "the third hole is your waist size", which should give you another 2 inches to play with (just estimates on my part, I don't own a Bullhide belt - my own belt is from TheBeltMan.com). Pax...