• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSP KIA during traffic stop

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-wsp...ttraffickitsapcounty-20120223,0,4226706.story

“Shortly after he [the trooper] made that traffic stop, one of the Kitsap County Sheriff’s office deputies responded to the location to check on him as he wasn’t answering his status on his police radio,” Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Ken Dickinson said.

The first deputy responded to the scene in just four minutes and found the trooper shot. He was rushed to St Joseph’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Last edited:

yellowsport20

What the hell is going on in Kitsap county lately? That is only a mile from my home. So now we have a cop killer, a serial killer, and a kid shooting another kid?

yellowsport20

Kid did not shoot the other child. The weapon was in his backpack when it discharged. They are calling it an accident now.
Did the gun jump into his backpack? I understand he didn't mean to shoot that girl but I think he and his parents should be in some serious trouble.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
WSP shooting suspect found dead in house several miles away, from gun shot wound. all they would say so far

That is not accurate from what I have read. He was found alive and is being transferred to local area hospital.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The man suspected of fatally shooting a 44-year-old State Patrol trooper this morning has been found dead.A Kitsap County sheriff's SWAT team went to the home of the registered owner of a pickup connected with the trooper's slaying, according to a sheriff's department spokesman. As they approached, the officers heard a single gunshot.They went inside the home and found the man with a single gunshot wound, the spokesman said.

Seattle Times

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
The man suspected of fatally shooting a 44-year-old State Patrol trooper this morning has been found dead.A Kitsap County sheriff's SWAT team went to the home of the registered owner of a pickup connected with the trooper's slaying, according to a sheriff's department spokesman. As they approached, the officers heard a single gunshot.They went inside the home and found the man with a single gunshot wound, the spokesman said.

Seattle Times

Here is a new quote from your source:
One law enforcement source said that the man was dead. However, Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Ken Dickinson said that the suspect has been taken to Tacoma General Hospital.

Also other sources below:

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-wsp...ttraffickitsapcounty-20120223,0,4226706.story
Sometime after 9 a.m. investigators received a tip that the suspect was at a house off Hutchins Avenue SE in Port Orchard.

As officers moved in, they heard a single gunshot and found the suspect wounded inside, sources said. He was rushed to Tacoma General Hospital; the extent of his injures was not immediately known.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Sta...led-during-traffic-stop-140122663.html?c=n!!!
"At 9:11 a.m., the Kitsap County Sheriff's SWAT team approached a house on Scofield Road in south Kitsap County, acting on a tip as to the possible location for the registered owner of the truck that we're looking for," said Kitsap County Sheriff's spokesman Ken Dickinson. "As they approached the house, they heard a single gunshot come from the area of the house. They approached and found a male subject with a self-inflicted gunshot wound injury."
The identity of the man has not been confirmed. Dickinson said the man's wounds were life-threatening.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
This just in '1 Minute Ago, suspect dies at hospital:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...r-shot-to-death-near-Port-Orchard-3355615.php
As they surrounded the home, at about 9:10 a.m., police heard a single gunshot from inside the house or just behind it.

Officer rushed in and found a man with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was still alive when officers found him, but died later of his injuries.

The man was rushed to Tacoma General Hospital after he shot himself, but he later died.

Last edited:

WOD

My thoughts and sympathy go out to the family of the Trooper. Let's just hope the suicide was the shooter.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
A terrible shame that we loose another Officer in the line of duty, my condolences goes out to his family and friends.
A great deal of gratitude to those who have choose to serve the public as their compensation is far lower then they risk.

Stat

Am770

Was anyone listing to 770am this morning between 6:45 and 7?
They were talking to a state patrol spokesman or maybe a sheriff spokesman.
The question was asked “Do you know why the patrolman pulled the vehicle over?”
The answer kind of shocked me.
He said, “I do not know why the vehicle was stopped, we often randomly stop vehicles, we perform 100s…… 1000’s of stops per year.
And it went on, with more questions.
They have since cut up and replayed most of the morning events.
Did anyone hear that?

in the days to come, Read up about this officer we lost today. He had an amazing life.

Last edited:

DocWalker

Prayers to the familes...

Prayers to the officers family....

As for the perps family if his parents are still alive they have the knowledge of knowing they raised a murder that killed someone for no reason.

His kids and other relitives know that they are related to a murder.

The only thing he did that was good is take his cowardly life saving the taxpayers money.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
The question was asked “Do you know why the patrolman pulled the vehicle over?”
The answer kind of shocked me.
He said, “I do not know why the vehicle was stopped, we often randomly stop vehicles, we perform 100s…… 1000’s of stops per year.

I lived in the Port Orchard/Bremerton Area a while back and this area has numerous State Patrol Officers that usually gather around Gorst and if you have never been pulled over there for slightly speeding that would be odd as I have seen up to 6 State Patrol Officers lined up south bound numerous times ie around start and end of the day shifts to later in the evening, some say this area is a training area for New Officers.

On that note it is not surprising to hear they do so many stops mainly for speeding (speed trap 60 mph to 40 and back to 60 while never leaving Hwy's 16/3/16) but not just to suggest just randomly stopping someone.