Thread: Support Petition by 24 Feb: Tell the FAA to Begin a Rulemaking on Drones and Privacy

Herr Heckler Koch

Support Petition by 24 Feb: Tell the FAA to Begin a Rulemaking on Drones and Privacy
    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC
    Support EPIC's Petition: Tell the FAA to Begin a Rulemaking on Drones and Privacy
    The Federal Aviation Administration is about to begin a public rulemaking on public safety related to drone use. EPIC would like the FAA to also undertake a rulemaking on privacy. The use of drones in US airspace poses a real threat to important privacy interests, and the Agency has the authority to regulate the use of drones. If you would like to sign EPIC's petition, please send the words "I support the EPIC Drone Privacy Petition to the FAA," your full name, and email address or twitter handle to Your name will be added as a signatory. All emails must be received by midnight on Friday, February 24, 2012. For more information, see EPIC: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and Drones.
    Note the difference in the survey protocol here from Survey Chimp.

White Oak Plantation
    It is exceedingly unlikely that LE would be subject to any 'rules'....war on terror/drugs/Amish milk/bitter clingers/ammo stockpilers/returning vets and what not.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

How about the shotgun rule? No restrictions by the FAA on drones, but protect citizens when they defend their airspace with a shotgun (and shot not slugs).
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.