• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Petition by 24 Feb: Tell the FAA to Begin a Rulemaking on Drones and Privacy

H

Herr Heckler Koch

https://epic.org/2012/02/support-epics-petition-tell-th.html
EPIC said:
Support EPIC's Petition: Tell the FAA to Begin a Rulemaking on Drones and Privacy
The Federal Aviation Administration is about to begin a public rulemaking on public safety related to drone use. EPIC would like the FAA to also undertake a rulemaking on privacy. The use of drones in US airspace poses a real threat to important privacy interests, and the Agency has the authority to regulate the use of drones. If you would like to sign EPIC's petition, please send the words "I support the EPIC Drone Privacy Petition to the FAA," your full name, and email address or twitter handle to drones@epic.org. Your name will be added as a signatory. All emails must be received by midnight on Friday, February 24, 2012. For more information, see EPIC: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and Drones. https://epic.org/privacy/drones/
Note the difference in the survey protocol here from Survey Chimp.

OC for ME

It is exceedingly unlikely that LE would be subject to any 'rules'....war on terror/drugs/Amish milk/bitter clingers/ammo stockpilers/returning vets and what not.

Daylen

How about the shotgun rule? No restrictions by the FAA on drones, but protect citizens when they defend their airspace with a shotgun (and shot not slugs).