Thread: News from Shawano Co., Weapons ban loses its teeth County law only forbids weapons...

Herr Heckler Koch

News from Shawano Co., Weapons ban loses its teeth County law only forbids weapons...

http://www.shawanoleader.com/main.as...rticleID=30733
    Corporation Counsel Tony Kordus said that not banning concealed weapons would make the county immune from any lawsuit. Those that do ban weapons can be liable, but it is on a case-by-case basis, he said.

"That's why a lot of corporations are saying, 'Hey, we're going to limit our liability by not enforcing the ban,' unless it's in a mandatory place like the jail, the Sheriff's Department, etc.," Kordus said.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post

That...and the state's best tasting tap water; aaahhhh.

"Shawano County, come on vacation; leave on probation..."(Old advertising slogan)
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    That, and the state's best tasting tap water; "Shawano County, come on vacation; leave on probation..."(Old advertising slogan)
    That, and the state's best tasting municipal/commercial tap water. Power plants, like those on which I directed operations, use ion exchangers very much like my "water softener" that I have tuned to darn good private well water.

quote from article
    "Not everyone supported limiting the ban, however. Supervisor Arlyn Tober, who said he owns a dozen guns and was in favor of Wisconsin adopting a concealed carry law, questioned why someone would think it necessary to carry a gun during family-oriented events at the fairgrounds."

"Until someone can really tell me why they got to carry a gun to the county fair or stockcar races, I am in favor of (the original ban)," Tober said.

end quote

I don't think he gets it , if you put on your gun when you put on your pants in the morning and take it off when you lay down to bed at night it is always there secure in your holster in the safest place it can be.

by creating a maze of Go and No Go places you complicate it , you create problems that don't exist . it has nothing to do with family oriented, criminals don't care. and you can't tell me no one has never been robbed or threatened leaving a fair , the state fair is a prime example of what can go wrong when you have people leaving a fair.

constantly in and out , or locked in your car is not good.

when there is no safe haven for criminals , who pay no attention to the law as they set out to break it , then the law abiding people will be the safest.
    Last edited by GreenCountyPete; 03-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.