• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News from Shawano Co., Weapons ban loses its teeth County law only forbids weapons...

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.shawanoleader.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=30733
Corporation Counsel Tony Kordus said that not banning concealed weapons would make the county immune from any lawsuit. Those that do ban weapons can be liable, but it is on a case-by-case basis, he said.

"That's why a lot of corporations are saying, 'Hey, we're going to limit our liability by not enforcing the ban,' unless it's in a mandatory place like the jail, the Sheriff's Department, etc.," Kordus said.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

That, and the state's best tasting tap water; "Shawano County, come on vacation; leave on probation..."(Old advertising slogan)
That, and the state's best tasting municipal/commercial tap water. Power plants, like those on which I directed operations, use ion exchangers very much like my "water softener" that I have tuned to darn good private well water.

GreenCountyPete

quote from article
"Not everyone supported limiting the ban, however. Supervisor Arlyn Tober, who said he owns a dozen guns and was in favor of Wisconsin adopting a concealed carry law, questioned why someone would think it necessary to carry a gun during family-oriented events at the fairgrounds."

"Until someone can really tell me why they got to carry a gun to the county fair or stockcar races, I am in favor of (the original ban)," Tober said.

end quote

I don't think he gets it , if you put on your gun when you put on your pants in the morning and take it off when you lay down to bed at night it is always there secure in your holster in the safest place it can be.

by creating a maze of Go and No Go places you complicate it , you create problems that don't exist . it has nothing to do with family oriented, criminals don't care. and you can't tell me no one has never been robbed or threatened leaving a fair , the state fair is a prime example of what can go wrong when you have people leaving a fair.

constantly in and out , or locked in your car is not good.

when there is no safe haven for criminals , who pay no attention to the law as they set out to break it , then the law abiding people will be the safest.

Last edited: