• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Occupy Wall Street protester brings gun to court date

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...He said DeKuyper “merely forgot” he had the gun in his bag...

I guess I'm just one of the few (1% ?) who doesn't understand how this is possible among people who KNOW they are going into a courtroom via weapons scanners. That said, I do hope he only gets a slap on the wrist due to obvious lack of mens rea.

At first I was hoping to read he was homeless or somehow destitute and had nothing better to do (literally) than be one of our test cases for NYC's criminal laws. But he is a motel owner in Delaware!

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This Occupy Wall Street protester is definitely not among the 1% — of brightest Americans...

Is the NY Daily News actually considered to be a legitimate news reporting agency?

If so, this was out of line, even IF we were to agree with it.

Last edited:

j4l

Is the NY Daily News actually considered to be a legitimate news reporting agency?

If so, this was out of line, even IF we were to agree with it.

Regardless of this, or any other topic, why is it "out of line", to point out the obvious- however impolite or less than politically-correct? Frankly, I think calling a spade a spade should be encouraged-within reason. No matter if the spade him/herself is "offended" for being called-out on being so.

Yes, you could try to argue that reporting is supposed to be based solely on the facts, and not the opinions/feelings of the reporter, but..can you honestly recall the last time that has been the case in any "news" media?
Heck, even the task of deciding which "news" stories you get to read/see/hear is based almost entirely on someone's bias or agenda...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It speaks greatly toward professionalism. I came out of my fantasy world of unopinionated news reporting when I was 7.