• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Public hearing on firearms related bills

Rich B

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/PSdata/pha/2012PHA00228-R001100PS-PHA.htm said:
Public Safety and Security Committee
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
11:00 AM in Room 2E of the LOB

I. COMMITTEE BILLS FOR REVIEW

1. S.B. No. 32 AN ACT CONCERNING STATE POLICE STAFFING.
2. S.B. No. 61 (RAISED) AN ACT EXEMPTING AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS USING HAND-HELD RADIOS FROM THE PROHIBITION ON USING HAND-HELD MOBILE TELEPHONES AND MOBILE ELECTRONIC DEVICES WHILE DRIVING.
3. S.B. No. 62 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE CONNECTICUT PUBLIC SAFETY DATA NETWORK.
4. S.B. No. 63 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE TIMING OF TESTS FOR BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVELS IN OPERATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE CASES.
5. S.B. No. 64 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING REGULATION OF FIREARMS.
6. S.B. No. 195 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE STORAGE OF STOLEN PROPERTY.
7. S.B. No. 196 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE RECORDING OF PISTOL AND REVOLVER SALES IN A BOUND BOOK.
8. S.B. No. 199 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING INDEMNIFICATION OF MUNICIPALITIES FOR DEMOLITION CLAIMS.
9. S.B. No. 200 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE COORDINATING ADVISORY BOARD TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY SERVICES AND PUBLIC PROTECTION.
10. S.B. No. 249 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE DISMISSAL OF DEPUTY CHIEFS OF POLICE.
11. H.B. No. 5093 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING EXTRADITION OF FUGITIVES.
12. H.B. No. 5094 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE "MOVE OVER" LAW.
13. H.B. No. 5095 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING OFF-TRACK BETTING BRANCH FACILITIES.
14. H.B. No. 5096 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE FIREARMS EVIDENCE DATABANK.
15. H.B. No. 5245 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEMPORARY STATE PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL OR REVOLVER.
16. H.B. No. 5246 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE PERMIT TO SELL PISTOLS OR REVOLVERS.
17. H.B. No. 5247 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE PENALTY FOR ASSAULT OF PUBLIC SAFETY, EMERGENCY MEDICAL, PUBLIC TRANSIT OR HEALTH CARE PERSONNEL.
18. H.B. No. 5248 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE PROHIBITION ON THE USE OF UREA-FORMALDEHYDE INSULATION.
19. H.B. No. 5294 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING LATERAL CERTIFICATION OF POLICE OFFICERS.
20. H.B. No. 5295 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT AS A POLICE OFFICER.

Time for a public hearing...

Last edited:

KIX

I just listened to my testimony on that one......

I LOL'd..... I mentioned the federal ATF bound book, and CT with the same darn info. I said "this requirement must be from the department of redundancy dept.", HAR.

I hope this passes, it's a stupid requirement.

Jonathan

davidmcbeth

Banned
I just listened to my testimony on that one......

I LOL'd..... I mentioned the federal ATF bound book, and CT with the same darn info. I said "this requirement must be from the department of redundancy dept.", HAR.

I hope this passes, it's a stupid requirement.

Jonathan

I was an ffl .. I only had 1 book .... if ct came over I would say here, take a look and atf, same thing .... i really dont care about stupid laws.

davidmcbeth

Banned