• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friend or Foe - Adding Official Policy Documentation for Businesses

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
After the next round or two of updates to the FriendorFoe site goes out, I want to start adding documented policies from businesses to the site. Things like emails, photos of posted signs, scanned correspondence, etc. Eventually, there will be a detail page for each rated business that can have attachments for these types of documents and those businesses with published policies will get an additional flag in the system so that they can be filtered / searched for and displayed differently as they will be 100% known as having a pro or anti stance. That way, you can see the actual policy vs. the experiences that people have...in the cases that it isn't enforced locally, etc.

If you can add links to any such documentation that currently exists, or post new discoveries here in this thread, I'll have one place to go and grab it when I get the site ready to store the info. Include business name and address if a small place so I can match it up in the system.

Any questions or suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

For those curious, we're up to just over 4,600 ratings. Keep it up! Statistics are coming to the site soon so you can get an idea of what's in the database a bit easier.

Site: http://friendorfoe.us

Last edited:

sraacke

Every time I get asked to leave/leave my gun in my vehicle I am glad I have your site to go to.
Same here. I advise other people to post on your site too.
I like the idea of a way to post store policies on your site and I don't have the URL here (at work) but there's a Washington gun fourm with a list of store polices somewhere. One of the members here used to post them there (M1Gunner???). I'd love to see it expanded.
There are lots of good policies such as the Starbucks policy and then there's the so-so policy of Walmart which lets the store managers decide. There's the litle known Waffle House policy where people talk about the cases of CHP or OCers stoping crimes at Waffle Houses even though WH has a strict NO GUNS policy. I have submitted several negative entries to your map database for the Baton Rouge area with regards to Circle K and On The Run convience stores which ban guns as well as BREC parks which ban them. I would be glad to update as many of these as possible. Keep up the great work.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like a great additional feature! I"ve been working so much I haven't really had time to get out and about to add to the site, but I'll try to snag pictures of "no carry" as I see them and started documenting.

09jisaac

Same here. I advise other people to post on your site too.
I like the idea of a way to post store policies on your site and I don't have the URL here (at work) but there's a Washington gun fourm with a list of store polices somewhere. One of the members here used to post them there (M1Gunner???). I'd love to see it expanded.
There are lots of good policies such as the Starbucks policy and then there's the so-so policy of Walmart which lets the store managers decide. There's the litle known Waffle House policy where people talk about the cases of CHP or OCers stoping crimes at Waffle Houses even though WH has a strict NO GUNS policy. I have submitted several negative entries to your map database for the Baton Rouge area with regards to Circle K and On The Run convience stores which ban guns as well as BREC parks which ban them. I would be glad to update as many of these as possible. Keep up the great work.

You know this surprised me the 1st time I read it. I have OCd at a waffle house plenty of times and have never had a problem. Then one day I was standing out in the parking lot waiting for the rest of my party to come out and I looked up and seen this big sign. The sign said no loitering and no weapons. But I still haven't had any problems there.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the link. I'm glad the site is useful and hope the addition of actual policies will make it easier for new users to trust the data. It will also hopefully push companies to re-evaluate their position if they know that [x] number of gun owners per month are looking at their policy and making decisions of where to spend money based on it.