• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC Magazines?

MainelyGlock

So, this is more of a concealed carry question. Is it against the law to conceal carry magazines, say in a fobus mag holder, without a CCP? Does it depend on the state? I haven't found anything reliable on the Internet. Thanks!

09jisaac

So, this is more of a concealed carry question. Is it against the law to conceal carry magazines, say in a fobus mag holder, without a CCP? Does it depend on the state? I haven't found anything reliable on the Internet. Thanks!

Depends on the state. All states magazines probably wouldn't fit the bill for conceal carrying a weapon. Most states a loaded magazine probably wouldn't be a concealed weapon.

Aknazer

All the states that I've looked at, no a loaded mag wouldn't be considered a "weapon" and thus wouldn't break any laws. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more communist states had something against this or were to try and charge you for concealing a "weapon" or some other BS charge (though I wouldn't expect it to stick).

MainelyGlock

Thanks for the input everyone. Mostly just curious. When I OC, I usually carry two additional magazines in a fobus pouch that is sometimes covered by my shirt or jacket. The one time I was stopped by a LEO for carrying was because my Glock was "half covered" by my sweatshirt (debatable, but why bother?). Luckily, he stopped me just to advise me to adjust it, and suggested I do the same for my magazine holder because any other officer could also count that as a concealed weapon since I also had my gun. Didn't bother correcting him because nothing else came of it besides a friendly conversation.