• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The System is Flawed

shastadude17

On March 12th, I will be driving 5 hours to Tallahassee to get fingerprinted and pay $117 for my birthright that is affirmed by the constitution, the supreme law of the land, however the state of Florida does not entrust me with or acknowledge this right unless I am 21 years of age and have gone through this absurd process. Why do I give them the satisfaction? Because it's the law, and if I do not adhere to this process designed to keep people of low socioeconomic status from obtaining such a "permit", I will be made into a criminal. The state of Florida does not want an individual of said status to obtain this permit. The state of Florida wants the single mom working two jobs to choose between food for her kids this week, and defending herself and her loved ones outside of the home, despite it being a right rather than a privilege. A birthright given by the creator or whatever you believe in, affirmed by the constitution of this once great Union, to further insure the right to continued life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I am thankful I am able to afford adhering to a policy filled with such lunacy.

hammer6

On March 12th, I will be driving 5 hours to Tallahassee to get fingerprinted and pay $117 for my birthright that is affirmed by the constitution, the supreme law of the land, however the state of Florida does not entrust me with or acknowledge this right unless I am 21 years of age and have gone through this absurd process. Why do I give them the satisfaction? Because it's the law, and if I do not adhere to this process designed to keep people of low socioeconomic status from obtaining such a "permit", I will be made into a criminal. The state of Florida does not want an individual of said status to obtain this permit. The state of Florida wants the single mom working two jobs to choose between food for her kids this week, and defending herself and her loved ones outside of the home, despite it being a right rather than a privilege. A birthright given by the creator or whatever you believe in, affirmed by the constitution of this once great Union, to further insure the right to continued life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I am thankful I am able to afford adhering to a policy filled with such lunacy.

why are you driving to tallahassee to get fingerprinted when you can go to the sheriff's office?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Everyone I know recently gets them in 2 weeks, but I'm sure it will be 8 months just for you.

Rich7553

I was told by DOA DOL that it's a 3-8 month turnaround for your CWP. Oh well. Fun stuff.

You don't list your location, but you should check the DOACS website and find out where the nearest field station is to you. Call them for an appointment. It may be 3 - 4 weeks out, but they will do everything there including fingerprints and photo. Bring your proof of training and your money (don't know if they take cash, check website or ask when you make your appointment). From the time of your appointment, You should have your license in as little as 5 days up to 2 weeks or so.

shastadude17

I rescheduled to a closer office about 50 minutes away, albeit for April 2nd. I never thought there was such a wait or that it was that expensive. It just doesn't seem fair to the people who can't financially afford it. Crossing my fingers for constitutional carry to pass.

j4l

Something to keep in mind regarding just about ANY license or permit, be it from a City/County or State- it's mostly about revenue. $$ for State coffers, and to feed the bureaucratic machine.
It also has the side benefit (for the State) of being enough of a pain in the ass that most people wont even bother to go through all the hoops.
That is by design. And is intended to limit/control things.

shastadude17

something to keep in mind regarding just about any license or permit, be it from a city/county or state- it's mostly about revenue. $$ for state coffers, and to feed the bureaucratic machine.
It also has the side benefit (for the state) of being enough of a pain in the ass that most people wont even bother to go through all the hoops.
That is by design. And is intended to limit/control things.

qft.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Today's March 12th. I certainly hope you've taken the advice of the very wise folks on this site, and are currently basking in the comfort of your home, practicing your dry-firing, rather than undertaking the five hour Tallahassee endurance odyssey that you previously described.