Thread: Help! Police!

Help! Police!

"Buy a gun. Get a bat. Own some weapon and have enough skill to use it to save your own life and the lives of your family members.
    DO NOT RELY ON THE POLICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU."

"The bottom line is this. If you're depending on us, the police, to save your ass in any foreseeable situation, you're deluding yourself.
    You need to be able to protect and defend YOURSELF. Then, after you have taken care of business, you can call us to come clean up the mess.
    That way it'll be the person who attacked you who is bleeding in your driveway, instead of you."

http://officersmith.blogspot.com/201...lp-police.html
    Last edited by oldbanger; 02-24-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: not my words

not that any of us don't welcome this viewpoint, but you're kindof preaching to the choir on this forum lol
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I think he posts it more so that we can help spread the word. I know that I have plenty of friends and aquaintences that really do think that the police will always be there for them, and this could help show them the fallacy of that idea.

Thanks for sharing it to us. :beer:

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    Buy a gun. Get a bat. Own some weapon and have enough skill to use it to save your own life and the lives of your family members.
    DO NOT RELY ON THE POLICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU.

The bottom line is this. If you're depending on us, the police, to save your ass in any foreseeable situation, you're deluding yourself.
    You need to be able to protect and defend YOURSELF. Then, after you have taken care of business, you can call us to come clean up the mess.
    That way it'll be the person who attacked you who is bleeding in your driveway, instead of you.

http://officersmith.blogspot.com/201...lp-police.html
    Interesting site that - thanks for the link.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    I think he posts it more so that we can help spread the word. I know that I have plenty of friends and aquaintences that really do think that the police will always be there for them, and this could help show them the fallacy of that idea.

Thanks for sharing it to us. :beer:

Sent using tapatalk
    good point. I think I'll share this on facebook when I get home.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Activist Member
    I 100% agree with this, I much rather rely on myself to protect me or my family. Not saying I wouldn't request the help from the locals, but I much rather be prepared than to only rely on the police for my protection.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

"oldbanger", this is indeed a very good article, but I "scooped" you by 15 hours on this link...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...86#post1708586

Please note the points that I bring up regarding the one GLARING omission the author made, regarding case law and "police protection"...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 02-24-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I always tell people who want to rely on "police protection" that they can't be everywhere all the time and so are really just glorified "janitors" when it comes to a self defense situation, they come after the event has happened to clean up the mess. It's good to hear an officer be honest about it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    ...I "scooped" you by 15 hours on this link...
    Attachment 8041

I apologize