• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help! Police!

oldbanger

"Buy a gun. Get a bat. Own some weapon and have enough skill to use it to save your own life and the lives of your family members.
DO NOT RELY ON THE POLICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU."

"The bottom line is this. If you're depending on us, the police, to save your ass in any foreseeable situation, you're deluding yourself.
You need to be able to protect and defend YOURSELF. Then, after you have taken care of business, you can call us to come clean up the mess.
That way it'll be the person who attacked you who is bleeding in your driveway, instead of you."

http://officersmith.blogspot.com/2012/02/help-police.html

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

I think he posts it more so that we can help spread the word. I know that I have plenty of friends and aquaintences that really do think that the police will always be there for them, and this could help show them the fallacy of that idea.

Thanks for sharing it to us. :beer:

Sent using tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Buy a gun. Get a bat. Own some weapon and have enough skill to use it to save your own life and the lives of your family members.
DO NOT RELY ON THE POLICE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU.

The bottom line is this. If you're depending on us, the police, to save your ass in any foreseeable situation, you're deluding yourself.
You need to be able to protect and defend YOURSELF. Then, after you have taken care of business, you can call us to come clean up the mess.
That way it'll be the person who attacked you who is bleeding in your driveway, instead of you.

http://officersmith.blogspot.com/2012/02/help-police.html

Interesting site that - thanks for the link.

SovereignAxe

I think he posts it more so that we can help spread the word. I know that I have plenty of friends and aquaintences that really do think that the police will always be there for them, and this could help show them the fallacy of that idea.

Thanks for sharing it to us. :beer:

Sent using tapatalk

good point. I think I'll share this on facebook when I get home.

DWCook

Activist Member
I 100% agree with this, I much rather rely on myself to protect me or my family. Not saying I wouldn't request the help from the locals, but I much rather be prepared than to only rely on the police for my protection.

sudden valley gunner

I always tell people who want to rely on "police protection" that they can't be everywhere all the time and so are really just glorified "janitors" when it comes to a self defense situation, they come after the event has happened to clean up the mess. It's good to hear an officer be honest about it.