• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hail of bullets in LA...

mk4

anyone see this: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/2...tally-shot-by-police-in-hollywoods-koreatown/ ?

LOS ANGELES – A pursuit of an armed carjacking suspect that wound through the crowded streets of Hollywood ended violently with police shooting and killing the man at a gas station in Koreatown, just feet from a bystander who was pumping gas.
At least 10 police cars surrounded the area as dozens of people stood watching nearby.

check out all of the shots that enter the rear glass and exit the windshield. who knows where all that lead ended up? all as "dozens of people stood watching nearby" and a civilian hunkered down on the other side of his own car next to the pumps.

mk4

All of which has what to do with OC in VA????? :banghead:

point taken, sorry. guess i'm just bored this afternoon.
but as an aside, what does the culpeper thread have to do with oc in va? 18 pages of posts... :confused:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
point taken, sorry. guess i'm just bored this afternoon.
but as an aside, what does the culpeper thread have to do with oc in va? 18 pages of posts... :confused:

Or Zombie bullets or gun transfers in Md or Castle Doctrine or a Chipper shooting his 4 year old or needing a gunsmith in NOVA.

wylde007

Perhaps not as much with "OC" but very much with Virginia.

And we are VERY INTERESTED in how this investigation will be handled, publicized and brought to conclusion - because it could set any number of VA-centric precedents which could effect us directly.

mk4

Perhaps not as much with "OC" but very much with Virginia.

And we are VERY INTERESTED in how this investigation will be handled, publicized and brought to conclusion - because it could set any number of VA-centric precedents which could effect us directly.

exactly! a bit of ot is tolerated here, if it has points of interest.
sure, the link i posted was to a story out of ca (vs va), but my attempt at subtlety was, i guess, too subtle. my main comment was about the hail of bullets fired by leos going who-knows-where with bystanders in the area. the same point i (and others) brought up multiple times in the culpeper thread.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
exactly! a bit of ot is tolerated here, if it has points of interest.
sure, the link i posted was to a story out of ca (vs va), but my attempt at subtlety was, i guess, too subtle. my main comment was about the hail of bullets fired by leos going who-knows-where with bystanders in the area. the same point i (and others) brought up multiple times in the culpeper thread.

A lot of OT is tolerated mk and there's nothing wrong with that.
Now that will bring up a cry from NOVAites about my intolerance of chippers. Maybe they should look at the CHP talk I don't object to before they post.

wylde007

my main comment was about the hail of bullets fired by leos going who-knows-where with bystanders in the area. the same point i (and others) brought up multiple times in the culpeper thread.
Your point was not overlooked entirely, I was just trying to provide some objectivity as to why is MIGHT be considered too far OT.

If it had been posted IN the Culpeper thread it might have gotten buried, but it also would have retained a certain degree or relevance to a topic already under discussion.
A lot of OT is tolerated mk and there's nothing wrong with that.
I think an AWFUL LOT of OT is tolerated, at least here in the VA forum because of the number of crossover carriers.
Maybe they should look at the CHP talk I don't object to before they post.
Or advertisements for CHP-centric services, etc.

45acpForMe

Damn, I'd be pissed if any of those rounds hit my car.

So if you find a bullet hole in your car can you go to the police station and have them pay for it?

Same question if you look down and find holes in "you" do they pick up the medical/funeral expenses?

I would wonder if the locality or police organization would accept any liability or have to have the cash extracted from their cold-deadly hands by lawyers?

One of the few things I liked about NY was that when I grew up there (yes peter I was a yankee) they had a policy if a pothole caused your car damage you could report it and they would cover certain amounts of repair. I figured at least they were taking responsibility for their responsibility to keep the roads safe. There were some big potholes though, some could swallow small cars. :)

Last edited:

Dreamer

This OP "news" story is obviously completely fabricated and made-up, because EVERYONE knows that carrying a loaded firearm in a car in CA requires a California CC permit, which are essentially impossible to obtain unless you are wealthy or well-connected.

When will the media stop publishing these made-up stories?

<sarcasm OFF>

Superlite27

This OP "news" story is obviously completely fabricated and made-up......

When will the media stop publishing these made-up stories?

<sarcasm OFF>

I'm glad to finally see someone else responding to these stories in a similar manner that I often use. Sometimes I'll read a news article about a shooting in Chicago or Washington D.C., and I'll often write remarks in their comments section such as, "This article is obviously fake, as liberal gun control laws have made it illegal to carry firearms in Chicago. Since liberals assure me that gun control works, it is only logical to assume that, if they are correct, it is impossible to be shot in Chicago since they have enacted a complete ban on firearms. Mountains of evidence such as this to the contrary is logically impossible if this method actually works."

I'm glad to see that sarcasm such as this is grasped by someone other than myself. Thanks, Dreamer. Your fellow sarcasm afficionados appreciate validation that their jabs of subtlety aren't too subtle to be felt.

oc4ever

bad decisions= no trial

1. Car-jack some poor innocent person's vehicle.
2. Find a Los Angeles policemen by accident.
3. Test your high speed driving skills while having the 5-10 LAPD cars try to keep up with you.
4. Waive your Saturday night special around when you stop.
5. You don't have to worry about how expensive an attorney is or how long your trial is going to last because.....
6. All important legal proceedings end in less than 5 seconds.

Dreamer

I'm glad to see that sarcasm such as this is grasped by someone other than myself. Thanks, Dreamer. Your fellow sarcasm afficionados appreciate validation that their jabs of subtlety aren't too subtle to be felt.

I've literally posted hundreds of such responses in the last few years on various NC, Baltimore and DC "news" sites. When there are robberies or shootings in "prohibited" areas, like DC or Baltimore, or schools or "posted" businesses, I always use a similar argument...

ncwabbit

OC4EVER you forgot the other aspects...
1. no expensive jail time for the taxpayers to have to pay for
2. death penalty for carjacking is now on the books for judges to refer to in the future.

wabbit

ccrews

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
I'm in ca and pointed out the same thing to my coworkers as we watched it. Several were exiting on the far passenger side windshield. As far as any backlash goes I suspect there will be none typical LAPD response. And the commandment of knowing what is behind your target doesn't apply to them.

randian

And the commandment of knowing what is behind your target doesn't apply to them.
I don't know why this would surprise anybody. Since under the felony-murder rule only the guy the cops are shooting at will be charged for any deaths that occur, cops have little incentive to know their target or be judicious in how many rounds they expend. That's why you see ridiculous situations where cops will put 60 or 70 rounds into a house they know has bystanders in it.