• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying in the UDF on Turkeyfoot Rd in Independence

Mojo-Risen

Just thought I would toss this out there,as I am sure it has happened to many in this forum.
Recently, a new UDF store ws opened near me. I am a life-long biker as well as a life-long owner of numerous weapons. Riding in cooler weather, I wear a heavy vest, or leather jacket, concealing my weapon of choice for that day. On those 80+ degree days, I ride with only a sleeveless T-Shirt. To get to the point, when this new UDF opened (which is within 2 miles of me) I was heading out for a ride with some "friends" , needed a full tank, and a coke to carry along. That day, I was open carrying my S & W .45, with double clip pack on my belt, when I noticed a sign on their door that it was "Illegal to carry concealed firearms inside the premises, pursuant to KRS"....you get the picture. I paid for my coke, and decided to have an ice cream cone and sit inside while I ate it. I was looked at suspicously as I paid for the coke and ice cream cone, and as I walked to a table to enjoy my ice cream. It was not long, before a Kenton County LEO walked into the building, and was talking to the cashier while I was enjoying my cone. The LEO never even came over my way, much less acoust me in any way. As I was leaving, (my bike was parked next to the door, in the Handicap spot, and yes, I do have disabled tags), LEO was outside talking to a citizen standing about 10 ft. from my bike. Again, no confrontation by LEO. 2 days later, I stopped in the same UDF, open carrying my P95,and noticed the sign was removed from the window.
I just thought this worth mentioning, since there are so many gloom stories about LEO and accousting individuals who OC.

Respects,
Mojo

kcunha

is that the one that leads you down the road to the kenton county golf courses and going towards shooters supply?