• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newt and OC

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Jim and I decided to attend a rally of a presidential candidate visiting our town. And of course we attended OC. We talked with Kirby Wilbur, Dick Muri, Jerry Galland, Mark Knapp, Q13 news, the Seattle Times and Newt and Calista Gingrich.

Remember the caucuses are next Saturday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330122039.113967.jpg

Last edited:

Batousaii

~ Cool

Interesting.
- So did Newt say he supported open carry? Or did he play vague? - I'd be very curious to hear how the conversation went :)

- Glad to see you guys there - a huge THANK YOU from a working guy stuck in a box :p

Bat :dude:

DEROS72

Interesting.
- So did Newt say he supported open carry? Or did he play vague? - I'd be very curious to hear how the conversation went :)

- Glad to see you guys there - a huge THANK YOU from a working guy stuck in a box :p

Bat :dude:

Really ?? I didn't really go there to discuss open carry with him.We open carried at a rally for Newt Gingrich.As we open carry everyday ,I wanted to meet him in person and see what he had to say.I approached him and told him I was a Vietnam Vet and that opened the door for a pic with him.Cops and security everywhere and hardly anything was said.Q 13 interviewed us both and we didn't discuss open carry although they did put the cameras on our guns.We were also interviewed by the times and photoed 'The fact we could open carry at a rally for a presidential candidate was enough in it self.We discussed oc with others that asked.In fact security and a Federal way cop excused themselves passed us to talk to some 99%er that was hanging around.

END_THE_FED

Gogo,

Just curious, what was the turnout like? Do you support Newt for the nomination, or did you just go to check it out?

I was at the Ron Paul rally on the 16th, and the turnout was huge. A lot of people couldn't get into the ballroom, and filled the hotel lobby. Justice Sanders was there as a guest speaker of sorts. I thought you may be interested to hear that he said he plans to run for re-election! I was a little disappointed that Sanders did not speak very long, I would have liked to hear more from him.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Gogo,

Just curious, what was the turnout like? Do you support Newt for the nomination, or did you just go to check it out?

I was at the Ron Paul rally on the 16th, and the turnout was huge. A lot of people couldn't get into the ballroom, and filled the hotel lobby. Justice Sanders was there as a guest speaker of sorts. I thought you may be interested to hear that he said he plans to run for re-election! I was a little disappointed that Sanders did not speak very long, I would have liked to hear more from him.

There was a few hundred inside the ballroom and several more hundred outside. I like Newt, he is an historic figure. I supported and worked for Gingrich, Dick Armey, Jennifer Dunn and Linda Smith back in 1994. Newt has a gifted mind. As to the nomination and my support in the caucuses next week it will come down to Paul and Newt.

I am excited to hear that Sanders will run again, he is truly a friend of Liberty.

Batousaii

Yes really,
- Reason I asked, is because most of these guys (i mean ALL politicians in general) seem rather agenda based, willing to play slippery little games to get where they want to go... If one can be identified as actually being supportive of the little guy, of our Second Amendment, our Country and Constitution in general for that matter, then I'd be interested to know so i can feel good about voting for them. For the record, I don't really support any of them, Dem or Repub, as I am rather fed up with the two party system. It seems to get worse every year, and as they spread propaganda to divide the people in a frantic hysterical two party war, the parties, behind the scene, seem to be slowly merging in to one with an underlying tone of power and control. Half of the surface issues are a joke, nothing short of diversion... Control all the money, keep the masses off balance with political hype, sensationalist news, and enabling crime so that they can function in a semi state of emergency, give them an excuse to make more laws, even circumvent the Constitution and the Bill of Rights at times.
- How a politician reacts to armed citizens, or even has the courage to discuss it with constituents plays into the whole nature of the Second Amendment and the acceptance of firearms, open carry being the pinnacle apex.
- So yes, i was curious if he commented, or took note, or smiled and pretended it wasn't there.

- Am i suspicious of ultra rich powerful men in suits who can leach whats left of our Country in to a brain dead landscape of pre-programmed sheeple willing to give up their right because the TV told them to ??? ..... Damn straight I am.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've heard the devil has a real nice smile, firm handshake, and gives a great deal.

Bat.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
CeaseFire would have cringed Friday had any of their members turned out for the Newt Gingrich gathering down at SeaTac. In the audience were two good friends of this column, Jim Beal and Nick Smith, both Open Carry advocates. They were in the room for “about three hours,” and long enough to be noticed
by a Seattle Times photographer.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Panaceas, pistols, politicians and Puyallup gun show…what a week! - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...d-puyallup-gun-show-what-a-week#ixzz1nQnxLdcq

Last edited:

DEROS72

Nice holster Deros. What is that?

I carry a Tanfoglio (EAA) witness .45 ,made in Italy.The holster is well I don't know generic made for a Glock 19 which is the best fit for this pistol.I have yet to find a holster dedicated for this make and model.

Last edited:

DEROS72

- Am i suspicious of ultra rich powerful men in suits who can leach whats left of our Country in to a brain dead landscape of pre-programmed sheeple willing to give up their right because the TV told them to ??? ..... Damn straight I am.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've heard the devil has a real nice smile, firm handshake, and gives a great deal.

You know I really tire of hearing this hate the rich mentality.If a person works or simply gets lucky in investments and make a billion dollars so what.That wa free market economy.I have more than I need for example and I'm going to control it because things I did or worked for.Should I Lower my standard of living to keep someone else off the street ,of course not.Neither should anyone else .Except by there own choice.My oldest daughter is a manager for Chase and worked hard for the last 11 years to earn that position.She and her husband do really well(he is a loan officer).They do control who gets loans and what not.so does that make them evil because they watch out for the banks interests which is the money deposited by their clientele.I used to wear a suit to work ,had a nice smile etc. and controlled how much my people made.I was the GM for a very large collision repair chain.It was my job to bring in income to keep the doors open.I had a company car ,expense account etc.an employee once argued that its not fair that he gets 15 an hour and I.got all the bene's It should all be equal.I told him he could show up everyday do the work for 15 years and he could have the same.Its almost if others think there should be commitees to determine how much people can earn.Again it's a free market economy everyone has the same opportunities .Because one may fail or screw up there life or what ever it is not up to the rest of us to bail him out for the rest of his life.Or no one should have to lower their standard of living so someone else can live higher up the chain.That's this social justice concept and no one wants that,it's communism.The Constitution garantees the pursuit of happiness it doesn't guarantee one will obtain it.One should quit blaiming others for there own state of affairs and quit worrying about what someone else has and you don't .Go get it for yourself.So am I one of those devils in a suit that made alot of money? Is my daughter? BEcause she workd hard for years to earn what she has.

I do the best I can for open carry I don't think many of you have any idea how much money I have spent ,events I've put together or how many times I have landed in the hospital doing this .I will continue to speak for open carry as long as I'm here.Most that know me know I OC 24/7 and do many I know yet there are some that just spout off and oC at events and what not.So I open carried as did Nick to a political rally to meet a candidate I prefer well above Paul .I didn't see anyone else there nor did I see pics of anyone OC at the Ron Paul rally the other day.Just being there made a statement I didn't have to try and bring attention to it .We talked with many and Q13 etc and got to meet Newt.The way I got up for the photo op was to tell him I was a Vietnam vet and he was more than happy to get us into the photo.They also had Federal Way high school students there and the federal way school superintendent opened with a prayer and ended with in Jesus name.All in front of students. Cool! I thought that most refreshing,the values we need as a nation to move back to.

Seeing in the media pics of open carry advocates at a Newt rally and no pics I'm aware of of open carry at the Paul rally some out there may draw the conclusion open carry Wa. supports Gingrich.

also for all the grammer and puntuation nazi's out there I used to have a secretary that proof read for me and I don't care.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Did the TV tell you about those ultra rich powerful men and what they are doing?

Sounds like another boogie man tale to me designed to pre-program the sheeple.

Typical brainwashed talking points without any basis in fact. General statements like this without factual back up are beyond pathetic IMHO.

Bat I thought you were smarter than this.

To keep this on topic I plan to OC to a Ron Paul event next Friday in Spokane, pics to follow.

Keep up the good work Jim.

sudden valley gunner

I OC everywhere too and would have OC'd to Paul event but he didn't come close enough and if I went I wouldn't have made it in too crowded.

I would have OC'd to Gingrich too, I don't support him and won't support him, but he is a prominent figure in politics and I would have loved to shake his hand, I would also shake President Obama's hand too.

amlevin

I like Newt, he is an historic figure. I supported and worked for Gingrich, Dick Armey, Jennifer Dunn and Linda Smith back in 1994. Newt has a gifted mind. As to the nomination and my support in the caucuses next week it will come down to Paul and Newt.

Unfortunately today's voters don't vote for gifted minds or politicians with a real grasp of what needs to be done. The Presidential Election has become a "Beauty Pagent" and those who tell it like it is tend to be "runners up". Newt definitely doesn't fit well in a Beauty Contest and his forthright style will not gain him any votes from the "entitlement crowd".

Jeff Hayes

Unfortunately today's voters don't vote for gifted minds or politicians with a real grasp of what needs to be done. The Presidential Election has become a "Beauty Pagent" and those who tell it like it is tend to be "runners up". Newt definitely doesn't fit well in a Beauty Contest and his forthright style will not gain him any votes from the "entitlement crowd".

Spot on, well said Sir.

DEROS72

I OC everywhere too and would have OC'd to Paul event but he didn't come close enough and if I went I wouldn't have made it in too crowded.

I would have OC'd to Gingrich too, I don't support him and won't support him, but he is a prominent figure in politics and I would have loved to shake his hand, I would also shake President Obama's hand too.

I know you would SVG. In spite of differences in our views I respect the fact you would hear all the candidates and what they had to say.

Last edited: