Thread: Chattanooga OCrs?

Chattanooga OCrs?

Work in Chattanooga and live in Ga... openly carry both places...any other fellow OCrs? Would love to see a gathering/dinner etc. some time...I rarely see anyone else doing it and with all the things going on downtown may be a good idea...

what say ye Chattanoogers?

David

wow...guess I was right..no one OC in chattanooga lol

David

Well someone had to be the first one.

Lol...Guess Im the only one..no wonder I never see anyone else ha

I oc all the time

I live in hixson I am always carrying open no need to conceal it

lol that's why I made a TN OC report thread that's not limited to any specific part of TN-there's not enough of us for it to be worth it!

AFAIK, Nascar24Glock and I are the only OCers in the Tri Cities area (at least on the forum). Come join us in the TN thread for all your OC stories.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I live in whitwell and go to Chattanooga regularly as of yet I haven't open carried but I have carried concealed for almost 16 years now

I'm exploring the idea of open carry and am here in Chattanooga as well. Live and work here (tho I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last).

I've seen a lot of people OC here. I guess the police here are aware and OK with it or should I still be prepared for dealing with them about it?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKR View Post
    I'm exploring the idea of open carry and am here in Chattanooga as well. Live and work here (tho I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last).

I've seen a lot of people OC here. I guess the police here are aware and OK with it or should I still be prepared for dealing with them about it?
    Welcome to OCDO BDKR.

Learn your laws, carry a good digital recorder (always on) and try to catch a local meet n' greet - an hour of friendly conversation over coffee or good food will surpass days of searching on-line for hint and tips.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Fed up with concealing all the time

I live in Hixson and don't get out a lot but I am fed up with trying to hide my sidearm ! I am going to start OC'ing. I know there is a remote chance of some embarrassing incident but it will be good for folks to get accustomed to it I think. There is a time & place for both types of carry.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I do believe that OCers are coming out of the woodwork in Tennessee, at least if this thread is any indication - lots of new people ..
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I live in Ooltewah and open carry quite often,been spotted by HCSD and never approached for I.D. Guess they're getting used to it out here in the county,or sticks,whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I do believe that OCers are coming out of the woodwork in Tennessee, at least if this thread is any indication - lots of new people ..
    And I think I've recruited another. My brother just got a Ruger P95DC handed down to him from his dad and is going to a permit class on the 28th. He said he's going to buy a Serpa for it and doesn't have any plans on concealing. Assuming he gets to the DMV the day after he takes the class, he should have his permit by mid May.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Thanks for the replies. Love to have a Chattanooga lunch somewhere one day. We need to get the word out around these parts.

David

Sounds good,I eat lunch almost every day !

Quote Originally Posted by Bandityo View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Love to have a Chattanooga lunch somewhere one day. We need to get the word out around these parts.

David
    I recently just turned 21 and got my handgun carry permit. I really like the idea of open carrying and did today for the first time at a gas station. There was a family in like behind me with two children and no one had any problem with it. I live here in Chattanooga and plan to frequently open carry.

Great! Let's plan a lunch sometime fellas!

David

Necro Post!

Guys, are we still up for a meet and greet in Chattanooga? I only live about 25 miles away and make regular trips to the city.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    lol that's why I made a TN OC report thread that's not limited to any specific part of TN-there's not enough of us for it to be worth it!

AFAIK, Nascar24Glock and I are the only OCers in the Tri Cities area (at least on the forum). Come join us in the TN thread for all your OC stories.
    I also open carry in the Tri-Cities. Never had a problem with any LEO's