• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chattanooga OCrs?

Bandityo

Work in Chattanooga and live in Ga... openly carry both places...any other fellow OCrs? Would love to see a gathering/dinner etc. some time...I rarely see anyone else doing it and with all the things going on downtown may be a good idea...

what say ye Chattanoogers?

David

SovereignAxe

lol that's why I made a TN OC report thread that's not limited to any specific part of TN-there's not enough of us for it to be worth it!

AFAIK, Nascar24Glock and I are the only OCers in the Tri Cities area (at least on the forum). Come join us in the TN thread for all your OC stories.

BDKR

I'm exploring the idea of open carry and am here in Chattanooga as well. Live and work here (tho I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last).

I've seen a lot of people OC here. I guess the police here are aware and OK with it or should I still be prepared for dealing with them about it?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm exploring the idea of open carry and am here in Chattanooga as well. Live and work here (tho I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last).

I've seen a lot of people OC here. I guess the police here are aware and OK with it or should I still be prepared for dealing with them about it?

Welcome to OCDO BDKR.

Learn your laws, carry a good digital recorder (always on) and try to catch a local meet n' greet - an hour of friendly conversation over coffee or good food will surpass days of searching on-line for hint and tips.

Geno

Fed up with concealing all the time

I live in Hixson and don't get out a lot but I am fed up with trying to hide my sidearm ! I am going to start OC'ing. I know there is a remote chance of some embarrassing incident but it will be good for folks to get accustomed to it I think. There is a time & place for both types of carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do believe that OCers are coming out of the woodwork in Tennessee, at least if this thread is any indication - lots of new people :D..:D

mad4rcn

I live in Ooltewah and open carry quite often,been spotted by HCSD and never approached for I.D. Guess they're getting used to it out here in the county,or sticks,whatever you want to call it.

SovereignAxe

I do believe that OCers are coming out of the woodwork in Tennessee, at least if this thread is any indication - lots of new people :D..:D

And I think I've recruited another. My brother just got a Ruger P95DC handed down to him from his dad and is going to a permit class on the 28th. He said he's going to buy a Serpa for it and doesn't have any plans on concealing. Assuming he gets to the DMV the day after he takes the class, he should have his permit by mid May. :banana:

Bandityo

Thanks for the replies. Love to have a Chattanooga lunch somewhere one day. We need to get the word out around these parts.

David

huntercannady

Thanks for the replies. Love to have a Chattanooga lunch somewhere one day. We need to get the word out around these parts.

David

I recently just turned 21 and got my handgun carry permit. I really like the idea of open carrying and did today for the first time at a gas station. There was a family in like behind me with two children and no one had any problem with it. I live here in Chattanooga and plan to frequently open carry.

RickTN

State Researcher
lol that's why I made a TN OC report thread that's not limited to any specific part of TN-there's not enough of us for it to be worth it!

AFAIK, Nascar24Glock and I are the only OCers in the Tri Cities area (at least on the forum). Come join us in the TN thread for all your OC stories.

I also open carry in the Tri-Cities. Never had a problem with any LEO's