Thread: Wal-Mart is stupid.

Wal-Mart is stupid.

I think it's alright to post this here. While it is about pistol ammo, it also refers to long rifle ammo. The context will explain it.

Some rules (laws) are just plain crazy.

I don't think most walmart employees are stupid or retarded. They just go by the rules set for them and do not wish to get in trouble or lose their jobs. I worked for walmart for seven years and I know a lot about guns. But walmart has their policies and employees follow them as did I.

I never buy ammo from walmart any way except for when I worked there for the 10% discount. When it comes to firearms and ammo I go to a place that actually knows about that kind of thing. The employees are not trained about firearms and the ammo. It is not their job to know federal regs. All they need to know is walmart and local store policy. And then there is the simple fact that walmart is a corporation and if they choose not to sell the 9 mm to those under 21 it is their right. They are not violating anything by doing this. We may not agree with it but that is life. They don't have to sell any ammo to any one under 21 if they don't feel like it. I was even told once that if I did not feel comfortable selling ammo or a firearm to someone I did not have too.

Also the 50 cal ammo is a cute touch but in the seven years I worked for them and all the years after I have never seen 50 cal ammo in walmart. Seems a bit overboard to make a point. stopping at the shotgun shell would have better. And busting on the employees just trying to make a living is sad. We are all just trying to get by and keep our jobs in this economy. I hardly find that stupid or retarded. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work in retail. In fact I admire most of them for being able to put up with pain in the arse customers who think they know walmart policies or think they should be treated like royalty.

P.S. Managers at walmarts are allowed to adjust many of the policies within reason or for what they feel will keep customers and employees safe. If a manager does not want weapons in their store complaining to corporate will not matter. They will let the manager know of your complaints but it will still be up to the manager. Same with any other issue.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Also the 50 cal ammo is a cute touch but in the seven years I worked for them and all the years after I have never seen 50 cal ammo in walmart.
    They don't usually (maybe ever) stock it but it can probably be special ordered. I have had ammo special ordered that they didn't stock but mine was stuff they had on the shelf just a different common caliber (winchester silvertip in .308 or 70 gr winchester powerpoint in .223)
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I've never seen a walmart do such a thing. They always ask what the ammo is for "rifle or pistol". If the buyer says rifle they apply the 18 limit, pistol 21 limit. Seems like the only way to conduct business when faced with such a ludicrous law.
    Last edited by Daylen; 02-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    I don't think most walmart employees are stupid or retarded. They just go by the rules set for them and do not wish to get in trouble or lose their jobs. I worked for walmart for seven years and I know a lot about guns. But walmart has their policies and employees follow them as did I.

You are correct. "Just following orders" is the ONLY way we can maintain order and civility in any culture...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_orders
    Last edited by Dreamer; 02-25-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Chances are if you are workin at Walmart your living paycheck to paycheck. Thease are people who are just trying to keep their jobs. You can be refused service for any reason at anytime. You have the choice to bring your business elsewhere. If they felt like it they could refuse to sell ammo to anyone under the age of 50. You can piss and moan all you want but its not your choice to make the policy.
    Im sure you have local gun shops and if you dont like their prices you always have online vendors.