• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart is stupid.

William Fisher

I think it's alright to post this here. While it is about pistol ammo, it also refers to long rifle ammo. The context will explain it.

[video=youtube;UsZtloDLclk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsZtloDLclk&feature=related[/video]

Some rules (laws) are just plain crazy.

KYKevin

I don't think most walmart employees are stupid or retarded. They just go by the rules set for them and do not wish to get in trouble or lose their jobs. I worked for walmart for seven years and I know a lot about guns. But walmart has their policies and employees follow them as did I.

I never buy ammo from walmart any way except for when I worked there for the 10% discount. When it comes to firearms and ammo I go to a place that actually knows about that kind of thing. The employees are not trained about firearms and the ammo. It is not their job to know federal regs. All they need to know is walmart and local store policy. And then there is the simple fact that walmart is a corporation and if they choose not to sell the 9 mm to those under 21 it is their right. They are not violating anything by doing this. We may not agree with it but that is life. They don't have to sell any ammo to any one under 21 if they don't feel like it. I was even told once that if I did not feel comfortable selling ammo or a firearm to someone I did not have too.

Also the 50 cal ammo is a cute touch but in the seven years I worked for them and all the years after I have never seen 50 cal ammo in walmart. Seems a bit overboard to make a point. stopping at the shotgun shell would have better. And busting on the employees just trying to make a living is sad. We are all just trying to get by and keep our jobs in this economy. I hardly find that stupid or retarded. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work in retail. In fact I admire most of them for being able to put up with pain in the arse customers who think they know walmart policies or think they should be treated like royalty.

P.S. Managers at walmarts are allowed to adjust many of the policies within reason or for what they feel will keep customers and employees safe. If a manager does not want weapons in their store complaining to corporate will not matter. They will let the manager know of your complaints but it will still be up to the manager. Same with any other issue.

09jisaac

Also the 50 cal ammo is a cute touch but in the seven years I worked for them and all the years after I have never seen 50 cal ammo in walmart.

They don't usually (maybe ever) stock it but it can probably be special ordered. I have had ammo special ordered that they didn't stock but mine was stuff they had on the shelf just a different common caliber (winchester silvertip in .308 or 70 gr winchester powerpoint in .223)

Daylen

I've never seen a walmart do such a thing. They always ask what the ammo is for "rifle or pistol". If the buyer says rifle they apply the 18 limit, pistol 21 limit. Seems like the only way to conduct business when faced with such a ludicrous law.

Last edited:

Dreamer

I don't think most walmart employees are stupid or retarded. They just go by the rules set for them and do not wish to get in trouble or lose their jobs. I worked for walmart for seven years and I know a lot about guns. But walmart has their policies and employees follow them as did I.

You are correct. "Just following orders" is the ONLY way we can maintain order and civility in any culture...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_orders

Last edited:

smokeyburnout

Chances are if you are workin at Walmart your living paycheck to paycheck. Thease are people who are just trying to keep their jobs. You can be refused service for any reason at anytime. You have the choice to bring your business elsewhere. If they felt like it they could refuse to sell ammo to anyone under the age of 50. You can piss and moan all you want but its not your choice to make the policy.
Im sure you have local gun shops and if you dont like their prices you always have online vendors.