A) Newt Gingrich
    B) Ron Paul
    C) Rick Santorum
    D) Mitt Romney

----------------------------------------------
    Democrat:
    ----------------------------------------------

E) Barack Obama

Last edited by sweetnsauer; 02-25-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    We really got screwed in 2008, but we should have made a better choice in 2000 than Bush.

I just wish Fred Thompson was our nominee last time around.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

you left out the "other/3rd party" option. I know there are a lot of Libertarians on this board. If Paul doesn't get the nomination I will be voting Libertarian.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I just hate to see a politician get elected unapposed.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz272 View Post
    I just hate to see a politician get elected unapposed.
    According to the parasites the moonbat messiah was unaposed, except by the racist white working class.

Hopefully they know better now.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

I'll bet Mitt Romney and Obama remain tied....
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I would like to ask the Santorum supporters if they have seen this "Reality Check" news segment about Santorum's big spending and "going along to get along" like he admitted to in the last debate.

Paul ought to have run third party. I just don't know what is up with Republicans these days that the best candidate that they have is choosing to run on a party ticket when they are a damn good third party runner.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Paul ought to have run third party. I just don't know what is up with Republicans these days that the best candidate that they have is choosing to run on a party ticket when they are a damn good third party runner.
    As people have explained to you, it's at least in part because the current system hinders third parties with the media and debate time and things.

If he had, even half of us might be saying "Ron WHO?"
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    As people have explained to you, it's at least in part because the current system hinders third parties with the media and debate time and things.
    Excuses, excuses--someone has to break the two-party system.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Actually, Ron Paul is the ultimate Republican. A two-party system works when the parties have different ideologies and voting records. In many ways, we've haven't had two different parties in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Actually, Ron Paul is the ultimate Republican. A two-party system works when the parties have different ideologies and voting records. In many ways, we've haven't had two different parties in quite some time.
    Actually, Paul is the ultimate Libertarian; that has nothing to do with Republican--nice try though.

I think Paul is running as a Republican JUST to garner support, knowing that he probably won't win the nomination. That way, by the time he's lost the nomination he can run 3rd party and be one of, if not the, best known 3rd party candidate.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

...has nothing to do with Republican...
    Not anymore.

Google Santorum...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

If Santorum is R nomination, Obama
    If Paul is R nomination, Paul
    If other, third party
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Santorum or Anyone But ObaMao in that order

To me, Santorum represents all the worst aspects of the Republican party, and has absolutely nothing redeeming about him besides getting search engine bombed with a funny definition.

I mean, this is a guy who has repeatedly made comments about how the constitution doesn't protect individual rights, how he dislikes separation of church and state, etc.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    To me, Santorum represents all the worst aspects of the Republican party, and has absolutely nothing redeeming about him besides getting search engine bombed with a funny definition.

I mean, this is a guy who has repeatedly made comments about how the constitution doesn't protect individual rights, how he dislikes separation of church and state, etc.
    Hmmm. We agree on something.

I would never vote for Obama, though, given the availability of 3rd party candidates.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 02-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ultimately the choice presented will be between O_mama and anyone else.

Suggest that you vote for whomever is most likely to defeat him.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    Santorum or Anyone But ObaMao in that order
    Republicans have been running on the whole 'anyone but President Obama'. How's it working out for Republicans (?) -- not well at all.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet.
    I agree. Republicans are searching for some savior outside of their current line-up. Paul will suffice; I am merely pointing out, on occassion lol, that Paul ought to run third party. Paul would pluck from both sides, and in the middle, IMO.

Republicans have been running on the whole 'anyone but President Obama'. How's it working out for Republicans (?) -- not well at all.
    You got it.

This ain't about getting Obama out. It's about getting someone in that will get the momentum going the other way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast