• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Presidential Election

Cast your ballot for President of the United States:

• Newt Gingrich

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetnsauer

Gun-slingers, cast your ballots above:

----------------------------------------------
Republican:

A) Newt Gingrich
B) Ron Paul
C) Rick Santorum
D) Mitt Romney

Democrat:

E) Barack Obama

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
We really got screwed in 2008, but we should have made a better choice in 2000 than Bush.

I just wish Fred Thompson was our nominee last time around.

SovereignAxe

you left out the "other/3rd party" option. I know there are a lot of Libertarians on this board. If Paul doesn't get the nomination I will be voting Libertarian.

DangerClose

I would like to ask the Santorum supporters if they have seen this "Reality Check" news segment about Santorum's big spending and "going along to get along" like he admitted to in the last debate.

[video=youtube;Ii46zvXr9FY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii46zvXr9FY[/video]

Beretta92FSLady

Paul ought to have run third party. I just don't know what is up with Republicans these days that the best candidate that they have is choosing to run on a party ticket when they are a damn good third party runner.

DangerClose

Paul ought to have run third party. I just don't know what is up with Republicans these days that the best candidate that they have is choosing to run on a party ticket when they are a damn good third party runner.

As people have explained to you, it's at least in part because the current system hinders third parties with the media and debate time and things.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

If he had, even half of us might be saying "Ron WHO?"

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Actually, Ron Paul is the ultimate Republican. A two-party system works when the parties have different ideologies and voting records. In many ways, we've haven't had two different parties in quite some time.

Beretta92FSLady

Actually, Ron Paul is the ultimate Republican. A two-party system works when the parties have different ideologies and voting records. In many ways, we've haven't had two different parties in quite some time.

Actually, Paul is the ultimate Libertarian; that has nothing to do with Republican--nice try though.

SovereignAxe

I think Paul is running as a Republican JUST to garner support, knowing that he probably won't win the nomination. That way, by the time he's lost the nomination he can run 3rd party and be one of, if not the, best known 3rd party candidate.

Tawnos

To me, Santorum represents all the worst aspects of the Republican party, and has absolutely nothing redeeming about him besides getting search engine bombed with a funny definition.

I mean, this is a guy who has repeatedly made comments about how the constitution doesn't protect individual rights, how he dislikes separation of church and state, etc.

georg jetson

To me, Santorum represents all the worst aspects of the Republican party, and has absolutely nothing redeeming about him besides getting search engine bombed with a funny definition.

I mean, this is a guy who has repeatedly made comments about how the constitution doesn't protect individual rights, how he dislikes separation of church and state, etc.

Hmmm. We agree on something.

I would never vote for Obama, though, given the availability of 3rd party candidates.

Last edited: