• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meetup @ Cabelas after LSA meting?

sraacke

The La Shooting Association (LSA) is holding it's annual members meeting and board elections Sunday, Feb 26 at Cabela's in Gonzales. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago at the LOCAL froum looking for any other OCers who may be going to the meeting. The meeting should be over by 1pm and I planned on having a lunch meetup at the Cabela's deli/sandwich shop. So far nobody has committed to joining me for lunch. I know it's late notice but if you are planning on going to Cabelas Sunday either to shop or to attend the LSA meeting and want to have an informal OC meetup around 1pm, let me know. If nobody responds by 8am Sunday I'll just head home after the meeting.

brandon hunt

i wish i had known about this place before now. i just joind both this site and LSA tonight, i was acually at cabelas sunday picking up 300 rds of ammo for the vary gun i will now be ocing from this day forward. the horrible thing is until now i had no idea it was legal to open carry, the only reason i WAS going to get a concealed carry permit so i could have my gun with my all the time. im so glad i dont have to do that i would prefer to open carry anyway i sure as hell prefer it to having to pay $250 and wasting my time trying to find a decent concealed holster. to think i was going to pay the government to do something i should have the right to do anyway insted of wearing my second amendment proudly

georg jetson

i wish i had known about this place before now. i just joind both this site and LSA tonight, i was acually at cabelas sunday picking up 300 rds of ammo for the vary gun i will now be ocing from this day forward. the horrible thing is until now i had no idea it was legal to open carry, the only reason i WAS going to get a concealed carry permit so i could have my gun with my all the time. im so glad i dont have to do that i would prefer to open carry anyway i sure as hell prefer it to having to pay $250 and wasting my time trying to find a decent concealed holster. to think i was going to pay the government to do something i should have the right to do anyway insted of wearing my second amendment proudly

Welcome to OCDO!!! Don't forget to check out Louisiana's own OC organization, LOCAL at Laopencarry.org

sraacke

They had a nice crowd there with about 50 people attending.
lsa2012a.jpg

I got some good mic time and spoke about open carry and the LOCAL Mission to the crowd.
lsameeta.jpg

Everyone got a LOCAL pamphlet and a few people asked for extras. I'm sure glad I brought plenty.