• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to Shoot In Maine

MainelyGlock

Hi all. Been looking for some places to shoot in southern Maine. I've looked into a few of the local gun clubs here, but with my schedule, it really doesn't make much sense for me to pay $150+ when I'd only be able to go a few times a month. So, I'm looking for any type of sand or gravel pit that the public is allowed to use, or that has the owners permission. Don't really mind driving if it's not more than an hour away. Thanks in advance!

MainelyGlock

Sharing is caring!

I'll be at the meeting. First time! Are they always on Saturdays? That works perfect for me;it's the only day I (kind of) have off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No hate

Shooting heaven

Hi all. Been looking for some places to shoot in southern Maine. I've looked into a few of the local gun clubs here, but with my schedule, it really doesn't make much sense for me to pay $150+ when I'd only be able to go a few times a month. So, I'm looking for any type of sand or gravel pit that the public is allowed to use, or that has the owners permission. Don't really mind driving if it's not more than an hour away. Thanks in advance!

The best place is the Fryeburg Fish & Game club. The range is FREE and open free to the public. It has 3 bays, pistol, rifle and skeet/trap. Very nice facility. No range officers either. Draw from your holster, rapid fire, what ever you want ;)

The directions to the range are: From Brownfield head to Fryeburg. When you come to the Regional Airport on your left the range will be the next right turn (Fish and Game Rd / Fire Lane 16). I vacation on Sebago lake every year, the wifes family have a house there. The range is about 40 minutes from there.

MainelyGlock

The best place is the Fryeburg Fish & Game club. The range is FREE and open free to the public. It has 3 bays, pistol, rifle and skeet/trap. Very nice facility. No range officers either. Draw from your holster, rapid fire, what ever you want ;)

The directions to the range are: From Brownfield head to Fryeburg. When you come to the Regional Airport on your left the range will be the next right turn (Fish and Game Rd / Fire Lane 16). I vacation on Sebago lake every year, the wifes family have a house there. The range is about 40 minutes from there.

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out. I get withdrawals when I go for long periods of time without letting some rounds off. :banghead: