• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new toy, have not went OC with it yet...

Marco

Yeah, I knew that, I guess the sarcasm was too subtle.

Between VCDL's continued pushing of P4P, and their inexcusably late opposition to the Castle Doctrine bills, it's going to make it VERY difficult to send them another check come renewal time this fall...

Roscoe

I've heard that a few times over that last few weeks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've heard that a few times over that last few weeks.

I'm not at that point Guys.
There are a couple of things VCDL could do to make me drop them like a hot potato and while they have considered them, they haven't.

There is a lot of bad in the organization, people who I consider self serving, people who I consider misdirected and more than a few that I consider downright stupid.

There are also tireless and dedicated people like Philip and Dale and Dan. (Others too)

Having lobbied long before VCDL, when we were disorganized and largely ineffective, I'm not anxious to try it again.
It may be time to plant a new grass roots organization but until that happens or they shoot themselves in the foot, I'll stick with VCDL.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'm not at that point Guys.
There are a couple of things VCDL could do to make me drop them like a hot potato and while they have considered them, they haven't.

There is a lot of bad in the organization, people who I consider self serving, people who I consider misdirected and more than a few that I consider downright stupid.

There are also tireless and dedicated people like Philip and Dale and Dan. (Others too)

Having lobbied long before VCDL, when we were disorganized and largely ineffective, I'm not anxious to try it again.
It may be time to plant a new grass roots organization but until that happens or they shoot themselves in the foot, I'll stick with VCDL.

That is a wise position Peter Nap. The ability to have even a semi-useful organization is a monstrous asset that should not be soon wasted. I suppose being down here in The Burg keeps me from seeing a lot of the crappy folks that you might be likely to interact with up toward Richmond where more meetings are held. I can still spot support for bills that leave me scratching my head, or outright opposing, but I don't have to deal with the actors who come up with the ideas.

I admit that I didn't write the membership check for 2011-2012, but I still recommend the organization and have no major issue with associating with it and lobbying for most of the bills they spend time recommending.

Last edited:

Marco

Agreed.
I just hope VCDL hierachy understands the frustration felt by some members.

Sorry for the derail Pagan.

BOT:
I'm presuming this was a home build vs factory bought.
Did you choose that firearm for a reason or was it what you just happened to own?

Last edited:

Pagan

Agreed.
I just hope VCDL hierachy understands the fustration felt by some members.

Sorry for the derail Pagan.

BOT:
I'm presuming this was a home build vs factory bought.
Did you choose that firearm for a reason or was it what you just happened to own?

yes form 1 means home made, i did already own the P93, but i also knew that a P85 barrel would drop in with very little fitting, and a friend of mine had a P85 barrel.

Marco

yes form 1 means home made, i did already own the P93, but i also knew that a P85 barrel would drop in with very little fitting, and a friend of mine had a P85 barrel.

I missed the form 1 in your OP.
Having a friend with an extra barrel cuts down your out of pocket expense.