Thread: Show Me Guns in Lees Summit

Show Me Guns in Lees Summit

Well I got my FFL, im up and running out of the house so if you guys in the area need anything check with me, Ill cut give you the OC deal. And I hope to have the shop open soon here in Lees Summit, Ill keep you guys posted on the opening

Congrats!

Nice. Must have been a pain going through all the paperwork - especially out of the house.

Congratulations ConSec...

Congrats man! I don't often get out that way, but I'll definitely look you up when I do.

EDIT: and your avatar reminds me of Chronicles of Riddick.
    Last edited by Oramac; 02-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Accomplished Advocate
    Congrats!

What an interesting maze it must have been to get that done!

Good luck with the new business venture.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

I did my first transfer today, I got to say from applying to doing my transfer today it was much easier than I expected.

Banned
    I'll look you up when I get a chance to get my next firearm. Thinking both a CW40 and a PM9.

Congratulations

I have often thought about taking the same route myself and trying to start a business.
    Just haven't taken the plunge. Good luck in your venture.
    The price of freedom is on the wall.

congrats, i show shall take you up on that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom 1st View Post
    I have often thought about taking the same route myself and trying to start a business.
    Just haven't taken the plunge. Good luck in your venture.
    If you do decide to start a business don't be like Show Me Guns in Lee Summit and just pick a name at random and hope nobody else already had that name. It makes you look like your trying to steal their name.

Show Me Guns is located in Lebanon MO, and was founded on 11/15/2011

Show Me Guns located in Lee Summit was contacted by the ORIGINAL Show Me Guns on February 1, 2011 to inform them they were using MY legal name, so Lee Summit starts a LLC on 2/5/2011

Good luck to anybody who wants to do business with somebody who knowingly is using another company's legal name. There are more ethical dealers in the KC metro area I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me Guns View Post
    If you do decide to start a business don't be like Show Me Guns in Lee Summit and just pick a name at random and hope nobody else already had that name. It makes you look like your trying to steal their name.

Show Me Guns located in Lee Summit was contacted by the ORIGINAL Show Me Guns on February 1, 2011 to inform them they were using MY legal name, so Lee Summit starts a LLC on 2/5/2011

Good luck to anybody who wants to do business with somebody who knowingly is using another company's legal name. There are more ethical dealers in the KC metro area I am sure.
    So you already had the LLC in that name before him ?

Accomplished Advocate

Uhm, excuse me for being Capn' obvious, but how did you know to contact them 9 months before founding your company?

I have no horse in this race, I am not near either location nor know either person beyond Comsec posting here sporadically.

I have to wonder if the contact was polite or not as I would think a newbie starting out of his home would not be hell bent on a name.
    Last edited by LMTD; 03-06-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: not 7
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

So, I take it you are a sole proprietor and Lee Summit is an LLC? Did you register that name? Just curious. Did you provide Lee Summit a Cease/Desist order?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

LOL Wow here is a little back info on this,
    Back on Nov 2 I sent out for my FFL and I started looking at names, I checked the LLC and no one had it, and I got my state Tax ID and Business License, if someone would of had show me guns I would have used one of the other hundred names I had, but the domains were open but the .Com was taken buy a forum that had died. so I proceed to and spent tons of money on the shop name. I was not worried about the LLC but I got a call from a guy telling me he was Show Me Guns and he was basiclly telling me to change my name, it was 8am and I was getting my little girl to the bus stop I asked him to call me later and we could work something out. HE NEVER CALLED AND TALKED TO ME LIKE A MAN......

So believe it or to business CAN have the same name, the LLC does not give anyone exclusive rights to a name. He is POed because if he advertises for his Class 3 stuff in the KC area people will think of me.

I tried to be nice but he went around and bad mouthed me im not playing nice im running my business guess what your 3 hours away I dont think we have to worry about customers.

The first think I tell people, is if you have a problem with me, talk to me dont be a baby.

oh I did get the LLC Im Show Me Guns LS-LLC this guy is mad for no reason and he needs to grow up, your name does not make your business you customers being happy does.

This is my rant and Im done with it if he comes back he can call email or PM but I will not reply back on the forum,

Comsec...some people like to rain on other peoples party just to make themselves feel better. It looks like he wanted to stir the pot.

Good luck with the new venture!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

The funny thing is, that if he didn't want someone to use his businesses name then he would have made it so. That is why there are businesses that have no other companies using their name. It costs more in the beginning but if you don't want someone else using it then it is worth it. That is why Walmart, target, Starbucks, family pawn all have never had their name used by other companies.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by NG19 View Post
    The funny thing is, that if he didn't want someone to use his businesses name then he would have made it so. That is why there are businesses that have no other companies using their name. It costs more in the beginning but if you don't want someone else using it then it is worth it. That is why Walmart, target, Starbucks, family pawn all have never had their name used by other companies.
    Yep, that is why you trade mark and service mark your name / logo. It is the only way to protect things like your domain name etc.

Shops up and running have not seen any of the OCers yet where are you guys

Quote Originally Posted by ComSec View Post
    Shops up and running have not seen any of the OCers yet where are you guys
    I will be out soon. Don't have any money but??????

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Uhm, excuse me for being Capn' obvious, but how did you know to contact them 9 months before founding your company?

I have no horse in this race, I am not near either location nor know either person beyond Comsec posting here sporadically.

I have to wonder if the contact was polite or not as I would think a newbie starting out of his home would not be hell bent on a name.
    I assume date in original post was a typo, but neither here nor there. You'd think instead of "original" shop quibbling about the new shop's name, they'd be happy to have another gun shop open in the state. They are 167 miles apart, so I doubt there is any competitive overlap.

How much are you charging for transfers? I looked on your website but didn't see any prices! But from the look of the site I am guessing its still a work in progress! Anyway congrats on the opening!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

$20

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2