Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: breif stateside nagativity

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    breif stateside nagativity

    Franklin, NC. OC G17 Serpa Paddle. Asked to leave Ingles grocer. Not posted, didn't bring up signs, just left. Ironically, they have two large signs claiming to be "American Owned" on the front of the building. Pretty sh!tty Americans... Spent money at Dollar General instead.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Out of the grey, swirling mist far beyond the glades comes a face that I remember well.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Franklin, NC. OC G17 Serpa Paddle. Asked to leave Ingles grocer. Not posted, didn't bring up signs, just left. Ironically, they have two large signs claiming to be "American Owned" on the front of the building. Pretty sh!tty Americans... Spent money at Dollar General instead.
    Who asked you to leave? Were you recording? Did they cite policy? I oc in Ingles all the time in Asheville and Hendersonville with no problem

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Out of the grey, swirling mist far beyond the glades comes a face that I remember well.
    Damn, I hoped my eyes had become slanty enough nobody would recognize me... :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    Who asked you to leave? Were you recording? Did they cite policy? I oc in Ingles all the time in Asheville and Hendersonville with no problem
    I asked if it was a company policy and was told "yes."

    I was surrounded by 4 store employees. Dunno if one was a manager or not. Didn't care. It was stupidly funny and if asked to leave, rightly or not, I immediately take my money elsewhere. 4 unarmed people surround the guy with the gun.... Were I actually a bad guy, how would that have worked out?

    The only female sympathized and said she thought it was dumb and wished she was allowed to carry... Maybe an employment policy, maybe a rogue bunch of liberals, dunno, don't care. I leave when asked to leave. Sent an email to the main office, no response. Guess they're pretty socialist out here in the hills...

    Recorder battery was dead...
    Last edited by ixtow; 02-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    ....I leave when asked to leave....
    I might be wrong, but I always thought that once someone gave up their citizenship they were not allowed to come back. Or was there a hole in the fence that nobody noticed?

    And I'll take the opportunity to ask.

    Buh-bye!
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I might be wrong, but I always thought that once someone gave up their citizenship they were not allowed to come back. Or was there a hole in the fence that nobody noticed?

    And I'll take the opportunity to ask.

    Buh-bye!
    You're not the 'manager' of the whole country, in spite of your own beliefs to the contrary. You're not special just because you had a court case. Don't have time for what you've become. Perfect example of why I left. Arrogant ingratitude... Denial is easier than action.

    If you have nothing useful to contribute, stick it. And to think, while dead-broke because of your kind, I still found money for your defense fund...

    The grass really is greener when you give up the notion that your patch of dirt is special-er than everyone else's; whom you hate. Silly. It'll be different this time, if only I can be a lazy jerk to anyone who knows better... Read a book.

    I'm here for a funeral. This happened, and I felt it would be relevant to the forum. I'll be on my way shortly, and leave you to your failed arrogance. Again, you'd rather bark at me like a glorified chihuahua instead of take action. Join or die...

    Cowards live in vicious denial before admitting what they've let happen. Are threads all you hijack? Seems you have the mind to do much more...

    I now return this thread to it's topic.
    Last edited by ixtow; 02-26-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I asked if it was a company policy and was told "yes."

    I was surrounded by 4 store employees. Dunno if one was a manager or not. Didn't care. It was stupidly funny and if asked to leave, rightly or not, I immediately take my money elsewhere. 4 unarmed people surround the guy with the gun.... Were I actually a bad guy, how would that have worked out?

    The only female sympathized and said she thought it was dumb and wished she was allowed to carry... Maybe an employment policy, maybe a rogue bunch of liberals, dunno, don't care. I leave when asked to leave. Sent an email to the main office, no response. Guess they're pretty socialist out here in the hills...

    Recorder battery was dead...
    I do believe I will contact them myself. Most of us are not socialist.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    Most of us are not socialist.
    The Company that has 2 giant signs bragging about being American Owned threw me out, and the one backed by the Chinese didn't bother me... It's a sad, sad day for those who still think America is America.

    I'm only going to be here for 2 more days, so internet comms are my only means of follow up. So far, they're ignoring me.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    You're not the 'manager' of the whole country, ....
    Never claimed to be.

    But apparently the place is not as bad as you said it was, 'cause you did come back - regardless of the reason. It does raise a question - how'd you get the gun into the country? Or did you take advantage of the fact that once you were legally here you were not disqualified from possessing a firearm and borrowed one that was lawfully aquired? But I guess wondering about that does not contribute to the discussion, does it? Sorry if that line of wondering was too obtuse for you to catch the first time. Apparently I needed to spell it out.

    You want to deal with how ****** things are your way, which is to walk away. I choose to deal with how ****** things are my way, by staying and fighting the good fight to the best of my ability. You get called on your decision and decide I'm all bark, no bite and don't have much to back up even my bark. Strange that I don't feel any need to prove how my way is "taking action" or not while you seem to be saying the way to "take action" is to leave. To keep on point, perhaps you could explain how that line of reaasoning is any more rational that the hoplophobic crap you ran into?

    See, there really are two things that are involved in this topic of your recent foray into the world of grocery stores - how you were treated and how you came to be situated to be so treated.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Gentleman, please, if you will.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Gentleman, please, if you will.

    If he did as he said he was going to do and renounced his citizenship, the question of how he got the gun to carry is valid.

    If he merely off-shored himself while retaining his citizenship the question of how he got the gun to carry is valid.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Never read where he actually left one place for another or that he gave up any permits he may have had + NC is a Gold Star OC state.

    Also seems to me to not be germane to the thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    The Company that has 2 giant signs bragging about being American Owned threw me out, and the one backed by the Chinese didn't bother me... It's a sad, sad day for those who still think America is America.

    I'm only going to be here for 2 more days, so internet comms are my only means of follow up. So far, they're ignoring me.
    Well, it being America they do have tHe right to control their private property and to ask you to leave. If they do not allow firearms, it should be posted. Regardless of anything else in this thread, I want to find out for sure what the policy is at the stores. Please post any follow up.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    Well, it being America they do have tHe right to control their private property and to ask you to leave. If they do not allow firearms, it should be posted. Regardless of anything else in this thread, I want to find out for sure what the policy is at the stores. Please post any follow up.
    Will do, if there is any... So far, they don't care about the matter.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fletcher, NC
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Will do, if there is any... So far, they don't care about the matter.
    When was the email sent? If this weekend, they will probably get back to you next week. I have had good responses from them on other issues.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    this weekend
    T'was. I don't keep track of days, so good point. Sunday, they probably aren't reading email...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    You would think the folks around Franklin might know a thing or two about guns. Maybe the Mgr was a transplant? Some of them really do try to make their "new home" just like the old one they left, with all the ridiculous stuff that caused them to leave. But that's another issue. Hope it gets settled. If for nothing else so the next guy does not have an issue.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hampton, AR
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    you're not the 'manager' of the whole country, in spite of your own beliefs to the contrary. You're not special just because you had a court case. Don't have time for what you've become. Perfect example of why i left. Arrogant ingratitude... Denial is easier than action.

    If you have nothing useful to contribute, stick it. And to think, while dead-broke because of your kind, i still found money for your defense fund...

    The grass really is greener when you give up the notion that your patch of dirt is special-er than everyone else's; whom you hate. Silly. It'll be different this time, if only i can be a lazy jerk to anyone who knows better... Read a book.

    I'm here for a funeral. This happened, and i felt it would be relevant to the forum. I'll be on my way shortly, and leave you to your failed arrogance. Again, you'd rather bark at me like a glorified chihuahua instead of take action. Join or die...

    Cowards live in vicious denial before admitting what they've let happen. Are threads all you hijack? Seems you have the mind to do much more...

    I now return this thread to it's topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Never claimed to be.

    But apparently the place is not as bad as you said it was, 'cause you did come back - regardless of the reason. It does raise a question - how'd you get the gun into the country? Or did you take advantage of the fact that once you were legally here you were not disqualified from possessing a firearm and borrowed one that was lawfully aquired? But I guess wondering about that does not contribute to the discussion, does it? Sorry if that line of wondering was too obtuse for you to catch the first time. Apparently I needed to spell it out.

    You want to deal with how ****** things are your way, which is to walk away. I choose to deal with how ****** things are my way, by staying and fighting the good fight to the best of my ability. You get called on your decision and decide I'm all bark, no bite and don't have much to back up even my bark. Strange that I don't feel any need to prove how my way is "taking action" or not while you seem to be saying the way to "take action" is to leave. To keep on point, perhaps you could explain how that line of reaasoning is any more rational that the hoplophobic crap you ran into?

    See, there really are two things that are involved in this topic of your recent foray into the world of grocery stores - how you were treated and how you came to be situated to be so treated.



    i hate it when mommy and daddy fight!!!
    Last edited by aosailor; 02-27-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: needed to add skidmarks remarks too

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    If for nothing else so the next guy does not have an issue.
    That's what I'm thiking. I can't see why I'd ever be back to this neck of the woods again, though it is nice here.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •