Thread: Greetings/Great Experience, Open Carry in Harrisonburg, VA

Greetings/Great Experience, Open Carry in Harrisonburg, VA

Hello All,

Longtime friend of the cause, first time poster. I was inspired by y'all's good example and decided to join in.

Went to Harrisonburg, VA this weekend and exercised my right to open carry. Went as smoothy as I could have hoped, except for the one fella who kept awkwardly walking by craning his neck to see my sidearm. He also was smiling at me and whispering to his wife lot, so maybe he thought I was cute ...not that there's anything wrong with that! Haha.

Otherwise, got a lot of positive feedback and even prompted a few conversations with like-minded folks. One guy even showed me his concealed carry rig (an IWB 1911).

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and share my experience! I hope I added to your collective good example.

Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!! Glad you had a great experience here in VA. Now move here from MD (insert angry rant here) and you can have that same great experience every day!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Another welcome to OCDO. Look up www.marylandshallissue.org and decide if they are a group you are willing to support by joining. Check out the various meet&eat events in the NoVa and Valley areas (probably the closest to Hagerstown) where you can get together with like-minded folks while exercising your right to carry. Bring your earplugs when you meet up with Citizen - he's, shall we say, a mite opinionated about Maryland.

(I guess I should also encourage you to hook up with www.vcdl.org if you are going to be spending any significant time in the Old Dominion. But then there are a lot of things I "should" do that I don't.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thanks for the kind welcome, gentlemen. MSI sounds like a good deal, I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Bring your earplugs when you meet up with Citizen - he's, shall we say, a mite opinionated about Maryland.
    It's only natural to be upset with Maryland's nonsensical gun bans. Oh, shoot, did I say "bans?" I meant, "laws."

Well, you experienced the difference of leaving a gulag and entering the United States. Welcome to the forum.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V