• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings/Great Experience, Open Carry in Harrisonburg, VA

bensonusaf

Hello All,

Longtime friend of the cause, first time poster. I was inspired by y'all's good example and decided to join in.

Went to Harrisonburg, VA this weekend and exercised my right to open carry. Went as smoothy as I could have hoped, except for the one fella who kept awkwardly walking by craning his neck to see my sidearm. He also was smiling at me and whispering to his wife lot, so maybe he thought I was cute :uhoh: ...not that there's anything wrong with that! Haha.

Otherwise, got a lot of positive feedback and even prompted a few conversations with like-minded folks. One guy even showed me his concealed carry rig (an IWB 1911).

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and share my experience! I hope I added to your collective good example.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!! Glad you had a great experience here in VA. Now move here from MD (insert angry rant here) and you can have that same great experience every day!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another welcome to OCDO. Look up www.marylandshallissue.org and decide if they are a group you are willing to support by joining. Check out the various meet&eat events in the NoVa and Valley areas (probably the closest to Hagerstown) where you can get together with like-minded folks while exercising your right to carry. Bring your earplugs when you meet up with Citizen - he's, shall we say, a mite opinionated about Maryland.

(I guess I should also encourage you to hook up with www.vcdl.org if you are going to be spending any significant time in the Old Dominion. But then there are a lot of things I "should" do that I don't.)

stay safe.

bensonusaf

Thanks for the kind welcome, gentlemen. MSI sounds like a good deal, I'll check them out.

Bring your earplugs when you meet up with Citizen - he's, shall we say, a mite opinionated about Maryland.

It's only natural to be upset with Maryland's nonsensical gun bans. Oh, shoot, did I say "bans?" I meant, "laws."