Thread: AR 15 pistol 9 1/2" barrel

AR 15 pistol 9 1/2" barrel

Are AR pistols legal in Oregon.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

I do believe you only need to deal with the federal regulations on that...i havent heard of any state laws dealing with banning them

oregon doesnt have any illegal firearms.
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Legal, yes.
    Practical, no.

Oh okay, if you need something that compact that shares magazines and ammo with your primary rifle, then they have their place...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by LaVere View Post
    Are AR pistols legal in Oregon.
    Yes, They're legal and fun. They are purchased as a pistol receiver and can be converted to a rifle only if you add a 16" barrel and 26" overall length. Anything else constitutes a SBR and is an NFA item. You cannot convert a rifle receiver to a pistol however. Technically if you have a concealed permit you can do that as well, but it may not go over too well with the police.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    Yes, They're legal and fun. They are purchased as a pistol receiver and can be converted to a rifle only if you add a 16" barrel and 26" overall length. Anything else constitutes a SBR and is an NFA item. You cannot convert a rifle receiver to a pistol however. Technically if you have a concealed permit you can do that as well, but it may not go over too well with the police.
    My understanding is if once a rifle receiver ALWAYS a rifle. However a pistol receiver can be legally converted back and forth. It is a FEDERAL law State permits have absolutely nothing to do with it!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    What you are describing is a Kel-tec PLR-16. It is a pistol, and is perfectly legal AFAIK in every state but Kommiefornia. Nothing Kel-tec makes is on their silly little list.

Just don't put a vertical foregrip on one, it becomes an AOW. (Unless you pay the tax and get the NFW approval, of course)