• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Versacarry Gen II

Soapman99

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around for a while on here and have appreciated all the info and opinions.

I recently had a buddy lone me his Versacarry for a few days. I really liked the feel, convenience and ease of this unit! Has anyone else on here used or currently use this 'concealment system'? This seems to be just the answer to my IWB dilemma. and only $20!

I used the .380 unit and am considering ordering one for my for my LCP and LC9.

If you are not familiar with it, check out their site.

www.versacarry.com

Thoughts? Feedback?

Thanks for your help.

625751ea-008b-fbae.jpg
625751ea-009e-afde.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Generally it is considered good form to let the members here get to know you a bit, before endorsing a product - first posts like this tend to resemble spam.

That said, OCDO encourages and promotes the open carry of properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal everyday business. There is a reason for that - "Mexican Carry" (sans holster) is how many BGs will carry as it makes it easy to hide beneath a shirt or jacket. Our goal is not to be stealthy but open, visible, and easily recognizable - a holstered handgun is more responsible and with retention level 2 or 3 much more secure.

None of my comments are intended to slam this product. There may be those with an interest in it.

I personally have the Barami Hip-Grip on a model 60, but I do not OC it. Primarily for me it increases the width of the grip, filling my hand better and it tends to be a pocket carried BUG.

Soapman99

Thanks for the feedback.

I often wear a suit for work and usually remove my jacket during customer meetings. I prefer to carry concealed for the comfort of those around me. Even my small gun feels a bit heavy in my suit pants pocket.

I just wondered if anyone had experience with this unit in day to day activities.

Outdoorsman1

Citizen
I just can't get past the idea of an exposed trigger.

This...^^^^

Snip...

Grapeshot
Generally it is considered good form to let the members here get to know you a bit, before endorsing a product - first posts like this tend to resemble spam.

This....^^^

Snip...

That said, OCDO encourages and promotes the open carry of properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal everyday business.

And this... ^^^

Outdoorsman1

T-Bone

I like it.

I just received my Versacarry Gen II in the mail. It came with a trigger guard. I had it in a little over a week and I love it. I'm using it on my Glock 30 and now I'm going to order one for my Glock 26. You can't beat the price. Give it a shot. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I am new to the forum but this is the reason I bought it. I read this post. Please don't consider this SPAM. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Thanks! :banana:

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I just wondered if anyone had experience with this unit in day to day activities.
Since getting my VC original, I have used it exclusively. I wear it to church under my jacket, on business it's under my coat, until the weather warms I wear sweaters alot. In the warm weather I plan to wear it under an untucked golf shirt.

I carried without a trigger-guard for many years, about ten years, enough for my hide to polish the finish, and am quite comfortable with my awareness of the piece.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Frequently Asked Questions

Regarding "reholstering": Versacarry must be completely removed before re-holstering.

&

we recommend not carrying a loaded firearm. Any user should always fully read their firearm's instruction manual and carry under the manufacturers recommendations.
http://www.versacarry.com/frequently-asked-questions/

So now the trigger is covered, that is good - but you must (recommended) clear the gun and remount the device before clipping it back to your belt. Prefer to avoid unnecessary handling myself.

Seems to me that carrying/using this device in the recommended manner, one will end up with an IWB paper weight. That may seem a little harsh, but that is my opinion of unloaded carry. When seconds or fractions thereof count...............

30uzj2u.jpg
2qvczzb.jpg

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Regarding "reholstering": Versacarry must be completely removed before re-holstering.
That is correct. It is a tool holder.
&

we recommend not carrying a loaded firearm. Any user should always fully read their firearm's instruction manual and carry under the manufacturers recommendations.
http://www.versacarry.com/frequently-asked-questions/
And that is their conventional wisdom CYA.
So now the trigger is covered, that is good - but you must (recommended) clear the gun and remount the device before clipping it back to your belt. Prefer to avoid unnecessary handling myself.

Seems to me that carrying/using this device in the recommended manner, one will end up with an IWB paper weight. That may seem a little harsh, but that is my opinion of unloaded carry. When seconds or fractions thereof count...............

30uzj2u.jpg
2qvczzb.jpg
Conventional wisdom is not recommended.

Last edited:

T-Bone

Since I picked up a trigger block for my Glock I feel that there is an added safety factor to carrying my loaded gun. I don't use it all the time, just when I need too.