• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Stossel: Illegal Everything

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I watched it too. Mussolini would be envious of what the "progressives" have created. I wonder if a Ron Paul administration would be enough. I'm thinking a modern Augusto Pinochete might be the solution.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The Harvey Silverberg statement, "Show me the man, I'll show you the (three) felonies." set my imagination off. How might that statement be disproved?

If a felon can be properly disbarred his rights under color of law, then we may all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony.

ETA: After watching the entire video, thank you very much.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

I can't wait to watch this later... I"ve been saying this for years... TOO MANY LAWS... and MAKING TOO MANY MORE LAWS.... the law makers should be getting laws OFF the books... yOu can't walk down the street without breaking laws...

Jeepalive

I wish I could make over $700 an hour to keep the poor poor and not let them work as their own company.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Daylen

I can't wait to watch this later... I"ve been saying this for years... TOO MANY LAWS... and MAKING TOO MANY MORE LAWS.... the law makers should be getting laws OFF the books... yOu can't walk down the street without breaking laws...

You're not the only one.

shastadude17

I always liked John Stossel, and after his special about gun control being ineffective, I knew this guy was the real deal. This is a great special that brings up excellent points. I think what it really comes down to is simply morals. Do not steal, do not murder, tell the truth, and treat others as you would like to be treated. What more would we need for a near-perfect world?

Dreamer

I always liked John Stossel, and after his special about gun control being ineffective, I knew this guy was the real deal. This is a great special that brings up excellent points. I think what it really comes down to is simply morals. Do not steal, do not murder, tell the truth, and treat others as you would like to be treated. What more would we need for a near-perfect world?

You know the nation is F-ed when our Federal lawmakers actually have put laws on the books to exempt themselves from ALL FOUR of these concepts...

OC for ME

Constitutional carry, everywhere, no exceptions.

Gil223

Constitutional carry, everywhere, no exceptions.

I have a shirt from NAGR that essentially expresses a similar sentiment - "Firearms anywhere and everywhere" (commonly attributed to Geo. Washington addressing the First Continental Congress; "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour.", but there seems to be some reasonable disagreement over that attribution). Pax...

Last edited:

OC for ME

I have a shirt from NAGR that essentially expresses a similar sentiment - "Firearms anywhere and everywhere" (commonly attributed to Geo. Washington addressing the First Continental Congress; "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour.", but there seems to be some reasonable disagreement over that attribution). Pax...
Where did you find that little gem from GW? Me likey that one. Obviously, my Google-Fu is weak or i would have found that one.

Thanks Gill.

Gil223

Where did you find that little gem from GW? Me likey that one. Obviously, my Google-Fu is weak or i would have found that one.

Thanks Gill.

Here's the entire quote, courtesy of guncite.com: The "Liberty Teeth" Speech by George Washington

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon, and citizen's firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms, go all goes; we need them every hour."
--- Falsely attributed to George Washington

The specific details on why that quote is considered "falsely attributed" are available here: [URL="http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html"[/URL] , and the reasons given for their disbelief seem sound. Pax...

OC for ME

Did the they, back then, refer to the Pilgrims as Pilgrims? Also, pistols were a very expensive item, almost prohibitively so, not likely that very many regular folks would have them.

Didn't read the info from the link, just two thinks that jumped out at me.

Great quote regardless of who said it.

Thanks, again, gil.

OC for ME

Oh, and the 'prairie wagon'?

The 'prairie wagon' was not 'invented' back in GW's day, let alone folks even knowing that the prairie(s) even existed in America. Mountain Men knew about the prairie, though they likely did not call them that.

Definition of prairie:

1: land in or predominantly in grass

2: a tract of grassland: as

a: a large area of level or rolling land in the Mississippi River valley that in its natural uncultivated state usually has deep fertile soil, a cover of tall coarse grasses, and few trees

b: one of the dry treeless plateaus east of the Rocky Mountains that merge on their east side with the prairies proper and are characterized by shorter grasses and drier less fertile soil

First Known Use: circa 1682

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prairie