• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington State Sen. Adam Kline talks about his decision to stop gun legislation

ALOC1911

I'd love to hear him describe how sales go at gunshows. I'll bet he thinks you can just walk in and walk out with a machine gun. If he thinks all these felons they claim are getting guns are buying them from private sellers or dealers that are selling from their personal stock and not dealers making illegals sales but still wants every sale at a gun show to be accompanied by a background check on all buyers, that would end up meaning all private sales putside gun shows would also have to be done this way. That would end up menaing all guns would have to be registered so as to keep up with where every guns goes. We all know that will end up leading to gov keeping up with every single gun so as to know who has what when they decide it's time to gather them all up. That just ain't what this counrty was founded on and is the same type of reason we decided to leave England so many years ago.

Dreamer

Why would Mr. Kline be against a safety device that is recognized as nearly ESSENTIAL in some European nations like a Suppressor? Used in crimes? Really? Good thing he's not a member here--I call SHENANIGANS, and insist on a verifiable citation to that claim. From the research I've done, suppressors are used in violent crimes in the US less frequently than frying pans...

According to "Criminal Use of Firearm Silencers", a study by Paul A. Clark (Alaska Public Defender Agency), published in the Western Criminology Review, 2007, more than 80% of Federal suppressor charges are for non-violent, victimless crimes, meaning that most of them were simply for unlicensed possession or possession by a prohibited person that wasn't otherwise using them to commit a violent crime at the time of the suppressor violation.

http://wcr.sonoma.edu/v08n2/44.clark/clark.pdf

Mr. Kline is a tyrannical propagandist, AND his Google-fu is weak...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Me thinks Mr. Kline has watched too many Hollywood movies.

The most frequent suppressor crime is not using it to do violence on somebody.......it is simply possessing it.

Daddy says no chocolate candy. The crime is not in eating it, it is having it. Go to your room!

Jack House

He's absolutely right, the liberals haven't been unreasonable enough. It's time to kick it into high gear.:rolleyes:

Aknazer

So in other words he's a cry baby. He flat out admits that he's killing bills that he views as reasonable just because he can't get his way on a different bill.