• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lakewood Colorado Shopkeeper Nails One!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Here is a link to a news report about an uptick in robbiers in the Denver Metro area. But of special significance to us is a shopkeeper who was trying to close up after a long day when ambushed by two thugs determined to take his money. What they got away with was a bad case of hot lead!

There is a brief commercial from the television station airing the story, but the rest is about the good shoot by a shopkeeper set upon by bad guys!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...ights-back-latest-in-spree-of-armed-robberies

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Get a clue, Joo! (Lakewood police Public Information Officer Andrea Joo, that is).

She states in the interview: "It's best if citizens do not take the law into their own hands ..."

Wrongo-, "Information Officer" Joo.

"It *is* best" to be equipped by "take[ing] the law" of the land, that being the Constitution, "into their own hands", that being what the 2A states: the right to keep and bear arms.

It's that Simple. Really.

Howdy Amigo!
I like how you express your opinion! Well said!
I'd rather take the law into my own hands than have the undertaker inter my mortal remains because I didn't!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

45 Fan

From what I heard, I think she is implying attempting to catch the robbers, not defending yourself from them.

SFCRetired

From what I heard, I think she is implying attempting to catch the robbers, not defending yourself from them.

May be true of that particular incident, but there are, unfortunately, LEAs who are of the organizational mindset that a citizen actively defending him/her self against criminals is "taking the law into their hands". Worse are the LEAs who regard defending yourself as "vigilante".

hermannr

One other minor thing...If too many people take the law into their hands in these situations, they might end up with lower LE budgets and have to lay some off...wouldn't that be tragic now...may the mis-"information officer"???

Just like the cops in NYC that pad their arrests by planting "evidence" on an inocent person. Fortunately caught on security camera.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
We the People can never "take the law into our own hands" since it's never LEFT our hands. We simply allow LEOs to exercise "the law" but the power to do that comes from We the People. LEOs are our servants, not our masters, and servants can never be greater than their masters.

...if that makes any sense.

Last edited: