• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio School Shooting: Four Shot, One in Custody

papa bear

this can not be a real story. after all it is a GUN FREE ZONE. there could not be any shooting in a GUN FREE ZONE. so it has to be a lie. maybe it is just a drill in case someone would actually bring a gun to school

GhostOfJefferson

Just outside of Cleveland, one of the last hubs of anti-2nd Amendment sentiment in the state, in a school which is supposedly "gun free" according to both federal and state law, watched by surveillance cameras in the school which did *squat* except provide eventual youtube videos for the internet, and participated in by disarmed teachers and students, except of course for the thugs who did the actual shooting.

The response I'm hearing from Cleveland-ish located news outlets? Why, clearly there wasn't enough done to prevent gun violence, of course!

Some are jumping on the metal detector bandwagon, because as we all know, a person intent on murder will stop and wait in line and consent to be scanned by some 80 pound overweight rent-a-cop, and won't simply blow right past him and the detector.

It bothers me, some days, that a lot of truly emotion based and irrational people, vote.

since9

Campaign Veteran
We have the Brady Campaign for the "Prevention" of Gun Violence to thank for this...

The anti-Constitutional gun-grabbers told us this scenario, like Columbine, would be IMPOSSIBLE after the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1990 (revised in 1995). After all, if it's illegal, it can't happen, right?

The only thing the GFSZ Act rendered illegal was teachers and parents being able to protect and defend their students and loved ones by having the ability to preferably deter an attacker by carrying, or if the attacker was not deterred, to stop him. Sadly, both deterrence and stopping were taken away from us by well-intentioned but irrational idiots who neither have any understanding of, nor respect for our Bill of Rights.

Result: "One Dead, Four Injured."

Thank you very much, Brady Bunch! (not) How many more scenarios like this much happen before you pull your collective heads out of your asses and realize our Second Amendment was put in place by men FAR WISER THAN YOU, and for reasons and situations such as this?

GhostOfJefferson

There's an unconfirmed report that a radio station in the area was reporting that the 2nd fleeing perpetrator was stopped by a CHL holder. Still unconfirmed, I'm tuning in the radio to see if they say anything here (I'm near Columbus).

since9

Campaign Veteran
There's an unconfirmed report that a radio station in the area was reporting that the 2nd fleeing perpetrator was stopped by a CHL holder. Still unconfirmed, I'm tuning in the radio to see if they say anything here (I'm near Columbus).

You think the story might break before the uber-liberal brain-dead left editors squash it?

GhostOfJefferson

You think the story might break before the uber-liberal brain-dead left editors squash it?

Hard to say. I haven't heard anything about it, and I've heard several reports now, so I suspect it was a one off rumor-guess by somebody with bad hearing. Subject to revising my opinion if I hear it confirmed of course.

Sonora Rebel

One kid (male) dead. The thought occured to me that this 'lockdown' stuff may have prevented kids from escaping? Uh oh... now the shooter (17) being called a victim of bullying.

GhostOfJefferson

One kid (male) dead. The thought occured to me that this 'lockdown' stuff may have prevented kids from escaping? Uh oh... now the shooter (17) being called a victim of bullying.

I heard the "bullying" thing as well. As if there is somehow some justification for killing or attempting to kill others.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
What a sad tragedy. I used to live just north of Chardon, while working just northeast of there in college. Chardon and some of the nearby surrounding areas are semi-rural so you don't necessarily see the same attitudes that you might in that hole Cleveland, but it's still not as firearm friendly as where I am now.

While listening to a Cleveland local broadcast this morning I heard their local Fox affiliate discussing the situation with a consultant on school security. During the discussion he flatly put to bed the thought that metal detectors would have stopped the shooting.

Dreamer

I was relentlessly bullied in high school.

I subscribe to the Mongolian maxim that revenge is a dish best serve cold.

I pretty much dealt with the bullying with quiet, stoic dignity until the bully turned 18. Then, when he went COMPLETELY over the line and ended up giving me a concussion bad enough for me to miss 2 days of school, I had my parents press assault charges against him. He ended up with an "assault against a minor" conviction.

He'll never own a gun, be able to have a clearance, work with children, or win a custody battle ever again in his life.

Bullies need to know that if they pick on the smart kids because they are smart kids, that their victims will eventually have their revenge, and it will last for the rest of the bully's life... ;)

Kids today who feel they need to resort to firearms because they are being bullied are being victimized TWICE--once by the bully, an a second time by an educational system that hasn't taught them how to be politically and legally crafty.

Not excusing the actions of the shooter, but I think we need to understand just where he's coming from--he was probably at his wits end, the school was doing nothing about the bully, and the educational system was teaching him to submit to ANYONE or ANYTHING that had superior force (because that's what they want--passive slaves). The kid probably TRULY felt he had no other choice, in his twisted, prescription-drug-addled, "might-makes right" brainwashed mind.

Add onto this the VERY high possibility that the shooter was on a cocktail of psychotropic drugs like Ritalin, Prozac, or whatever, and you've got what amounts to a GUARANTEE that someday, somewhere, there's gonna be a few kids that finally "snap"...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Once again, the media insists on posting these made-up and obviously fictional stories.

According to eye-witnesses the shooter "pulled out his gun and started shooting" indicating he was CCing. The alleged shooter is 17 years old. In OH, you must be 21 to have a concealed carry permit, so there is NO WAY that the shooter was CCing if he was 17. Or if he was CCing, they've got the wrong man, because the law says in OH that nobody under 21 may CC.

Also they say this 17-year-old shooter used a handgun. It is against Federal and OH State Law for a minor (someone under 18) to possess a handgun without direct adult supervision. So there is NO WAY that this 17-year-old student could have used a handgun.

Also, it is against State and Federal law to bring a loaded firearm onto high-school property, so since the GFSZ laws are 100% effective in preventing gun crime in schools, there is NO WAY this story happened as reported.

And finally, it is expressly against OH law to discharge a firearm inside a building (unless in self-defense), as well as to commit aggravated assault or murder. So there is simply NO WAY that what the media is reporting actually happened.

The ONLY person who could have possibly CCed a handgun into a school in OH (because the law prevents everyone else from doing so, and we all know that EVERYONE obeys "gun control" laws) would be a cop. I think perhaps the local police have the wrong man in this case, if their "suspect" is a 17-year-old high school student, because the laws of OH and the USA have established a condition where there is simply NO WAY he could have done this...

FallonJeeper

this can not be a real story. after all it is a GUN FREE ZONE. there could not be any shooting in a GUN FREE ZONE. so it has to be a lie. maybe it is just a drill in case someone would actually bring a gun to school

I agree, there's no way a juvenille could get a gun legally, therefore it never happened.

John Canuck

Dreamer

EVERY SINGLE student eye-witness interview I've seen in the media INSISTS there were two shooters.

But the "official" story is that this Lane kid was the only one.

Get the popcorn ready, folks. This is gonna be a good one...

POPCORN-popcorn-21879863-300-236.jpg

Dreamer

The police putting campuses on "lockdown" when events like this transpire is like the fire department putting padlocks on all the exits when the fire alarm goes off...

Sick, the mentality of school administrations and their associated security and LE organizations is a sick mixture of blood-lust, power-hunger, and ninnying submission to authority with a complete disdain for individual initiative and personal responsibility.

I'm becoming more and more ashamed to say I am a US Citizen every day...

GhostOfJefferson

EVERY SINGLE student eye-witness interview I've seen in the media INSISTS there were two shooters.

But the "official" story is that this Lane kid was the only one.

Get the popcorn ready, folks. This is gonna be a good one...

POPCORN-popcorn-21879863-300-236.jpg

For a while they were reporting two shooters here too, in fact, even after it was "over" and the shooter(s) caught, then the cops, in their taxpayer financed kevlar vests and wielding ferocious firepower, finally bravely entered the area to take account of the victims they didn't defend, opting instead to courageously hunker down behind cover outside the school.

That's where I got the 2nd captured by a CHL, we were discussing the event in a more Ohio centric forum and wondering if the 2nd guy was really caught by a CHL or not. Now apparently the 2nd guy was beamed back aboard the starship Enterprise, leaving us gnashing our teeth.