• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio School Shooting: Four Shot, One in Custody

OC for ME

I saw the Daytona 500 on TV last night, along with millions of other folks, and I swear that I witnessed Danica Patrick could have won that race. Also, the jet-dryer swerved into Montoya and not the other way around as was allegedly shown on TV.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
If 200 people could accurately recall the exact same story with no deviation, that would be far more suspicious than if they recalled essentially the same story with minor details being different.

OC for ME

Yet, a cop who is a eye witness is reliable, a trained observer. Unlike the cops dash-cam video that allegedly does not put any recorded incident in its proper context, unless that video corroborates the reliable trained observer.

GhostOfJefferson

If 200 people could accurately recall the exact same story with no deviation, that would be far more suspicious than if they recalled essentially the same story with minor details being different.

Let's not be pedantic, you know what I was saying.

Individuals can have quirky memories. If you have a large group telling you essentially the same details though, then you can put together some reasonable picture of fact from at least the macro details.

So, if 200 people (I'm making that number up, btw), interviewed seperately, say they saw two seperate assailants, that has a lot more credence than one shaky kid going through shell shock talking into a camera for the news. Whether the 200 can agree or not on what color socks the two assailants were wearing is secondary at best, and tangental to the point I was making.

GhostOfJefferson

I saw the Daytona 500 on TV last night, along with millions of other folks, and I swear that I witnessed Danica Patrick could have won that race. Also, the jet-dryer swerved into Montoya and not the other way around as was allegedly shown on TV.

Could have is not a "fact". If you said "saw her race on the track" then you're getting more in tune with what I was stating. Mobs of people won't agree on conjecture, but I suspect if you ask them if the sun was out when they were a mob, they'd all give essentially the same answer.

OC for ME

Could have is not a "fact". If you said "saw her race on the track" then you're getting more in tune with what I was stating. Mobs of people won't agree on conjecture, but I suspect if you ask them if the sun was out when they were a mob, they'd all give essentially the same answer.
The desire of a witness(s) to project an outcome, based on what they may have wanted to see in conjunction with what they thought they saw (witnessed).

Therefore, a great many folks who watched the race last night, will swear that they witnessed (saw) Danica Patrick could have won that race.

Do you see a OCer getting hassled, illegally, by a cop for OCing? Or, do you see a OCer baiting a cop by OCing?

OC for ME

The desire of a witness(s) to project an outcome, based on what they may have wanted to see in conjunction with what they thought they saw (witnessed).

Therefore, a great many folks who watched the race last night, will swear that they witnessed (saw) Danica Patrick could have won that race.

Do you see a OCer getting hassled, illegally, by a cop for OCing? Or, do you see a OCer baiting a cop by OCing?
Don't even get me started on cops 'coaching' a witness(s) to gain a desired and predetermined outcome.

GhostOfJefferson

Projected outcome, is an opinion.

Millions seeing her drive the car on the track as a participant in the race, is seeing a physical fact.

I'm speaking of the later.

Seeing two people, for one or two folks on the fringes of the melee in question, can easily be contested. If huge numbers saw them, then I simply do not buy into the notion that huge numbers, all reporting the same count, should not be trusted.

Neither here nor there, it just seemed curious that sitting here in Ohio I got to listen to "2 shooters" for quite a while and then have it magically turn to one. Somebody, somewhere, fouled up.

GhostOfJefferson

To make myself a bit more clear, I need more details on where they got the "2 shooter" detail. If every kid streaming out of the place mentioned it, then I'm very, very curious. If only one rattled kid did, then I agree it was likely pure confusion on his/her part.

Last edited:

Sleepless

Main Title Should Be Corrected....

It was actually 5 people shot and according to news reports at least here in Canada 2 of the victims have passed away so 3 are still in the hospital.

Might sound pedantic but the Title information really needs to be updated as the whole situation unravels and more information becomes accessible.

Just my two cents anyway.

My deepest condolences to all people affected by this tragedy.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I saw a news conference yesterday and the Police Chief said they were prepared and things went well. I think they need training by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman on the proper training and response to something like this. If they trained and prepared for fire drills like, this how many kids would die in the U.S. every year?

Dreamer

I saw a news conference yesterday and the Police Chief said they were prepared and things went well.

And I think that statement right there is VERY revealing about what the majority of these modern school shootings are REALLY all about, and what is REALLY behind them...

A random event can neither "go well" or "go badly" because it has no expected outcome for an outside observer--it is a RANDOM event.

Only when an event is planned can it have an expected outcome, and a set of benchmarks or goals against which it can "go well" or not go well".

Just like the Kennedys, and Columbine, and Building 7, and Fast & Furious, this event went EXACTLY as planned, and in this incident, we actually have their admission to it.

Do the freaking math, folks...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was relentlessly bullied in high school.

I subscribe to the Mongolian maxim that revenge is a dish best serve cold.

I pretty much dealt with the bullying with quiet, stoic dignity until the bully turned 18. Then, when he went COMPLETELY over the line and ended up giving me a concussion bad enough for me to miss 2 days of school, I had my parents press assault charges against him. He ended up with an "assault against a minor" conviction.

He'll never own a gun, be able to have a clearance, work with children, or win a custody battle ever again in his life.

Bullies need to know that if they pick on the smart kids because they are smart kids, that their victims will eventually have their revenge, and it will last for the rest of the bully's life... ;)

The three guys who bullied me, one in 6th grade, another in 8th grade, and a third in 9th grade, quickly found themselves tackled and sat on, and that's back when I had about 6% body fat.

Scratch three bullies.