• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a law enforcement officer openly carries a weapon for its “intimidation factor.

hermannr

What a crock...some cop wears his arms Open Carry for the "intimidation factor". Well Mr Chief...that is fine, I hope my OC intimidates your officers.

ManInBlack

That article is intensely frightening on several different levels...

He said that in his 20 years as a policeman, "we’ve had very few problems and concealed-weapons holders. It’s not a big issue."
But open-carry is different, he adds. For example, a law enforcement officer openly carries a weapon for its "intimidation factor. In law enforcement, that’s the message you send."

Silly me. For all these years I've been thinking that the purpose of open carry is to make the tool more readily available.

Last edited:

Gil223

I am forced to acknowledge that what Hitler did was right to him, and to the German people. Basically, Hitler was both wrong, and right.

What Hitler did was wrong on every level! He was a bigotted sociopath, and, when it came to Jews and homosexuals, he was the absolute definition of the term "mass murderer". Hitler initiated a war that cost 60,000,000 lives for no tangible reason other than his demented dream of world conquest, and the furtherance of "the master race". The majority of the German people did not think he was "right", but understood that he was in control of the military, police and judicial system. They had little choice other than acquiescence... when the options were imprisonment and/or execution for treason. The only place Hitler was "right" was in his own seriously disturbed mind. Perhaps if they had OC in 1930-1940s Germany, things might have been a bit different. Pax...