Thread: Handgun Accuracy Chart

Handgun Accuracy Chart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330368389.753443.jpg 
Views:	1462 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	8030

Source: US Army Marksmanship Init Training Guide Tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Google "printable pistol targets" and you will come up with quite a few, to include this one. I printed out a couple that suited my purposes and they did quite well.

From what I've heard these charts only work with a one-handed grip. I'm not sure how much thruth there is to that, though.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Google "printable pistol targets" and you will come up with quite a few, to include this one. I printed out a couple that suited my purposes and they did quite well.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    This is by far the best site I've run across - ReloadBench.com

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

What this chart does is visualize the results of poor trigger control, typically the primary reason for poor shots down range. If you can get the student to actuate the trigger properly their accuracy will dramatically improve. After trigger control is 'corrected' the chart allows the student to work on the other aspects of their grip to eliminate incorrect behaviors.

Sight alignment is easy for most folks until they start the firing sequence, during the firing sequence the student is not likely looking at the sight picture any longer but trying to see where the round will go before the round goes. This results in the previously 'on-target' weapon now drifting off-target, where the other incorrect behaviors the chart is designed to visualize for the student come into play.

If shooting a gun was easy, anyone could do it and do it well.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I find if I take my time my impacts are lower left. Squeezing the trigger sloppily explains it. I got in the habit of firing faster and I get tighter groups in the center, still a bit to the left. I believe my H&K USP is slightly too large for my grip, but I love shooting it.