• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handgun Accuracy Chart

Rollbar

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330368389.753443.jpg

Source: US Army Marksmanship Init Training Guide Tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

SFCRetired

Google "printable pistol targets" and you will come up with quite a few, to include this one. I printed out a couple that suited my purposes and they did quite well.

OC for ME

What this chart does is visualize the results of poor trigger control, typically the primary reason for poor shots down range. If you can get the student to actuate the trigger properly their accuracy will dramatically improve. After trigger control is 'corrected' the chart allows the student to work on the other aspects of their grip to eliminate incorrect behaviors.

Sight alignment is easy for most folks until they start the firing sequence, during the firing sequence the student is not likely looking at the sight picture any longer but trying to see where the round will go before the round goes. This results in the previously 'on-target' weapon now drifting off-target, where the other incorrect behaviors the chart is designed to visualize for the student come into play.

If shooting a gun was easy, anyone could do it and do it well.

gunns

I find if I take my time my impacts are lower left. Squeezing the trigger sloppily explains it. I got in the habit of firing faster and I get tighter groups in the center, still a bit to the left. I believe my H&K USP is slightly too large for my grip, but I love shooting it.