• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 more towns added to ctpistolpermitissues.com

KIX

Here we are. Eight more towns added, some oddball stuff, plenty not required by statute. Two towns actually got an "A".

http://ctpistolpermitissues.com

Here is the overall information. Go to the site to view/download more information.

East Hampton,B, Town states police chief determins what reasonable time training certification. NRA certification does not expire.

Farmington, F, States resident or business owner must have been in Farmington for 90 days (I must verify the legality of this, but the F still stands for the waiver mentioned below), WAIVER - waiver for criminal background. The PD has access to any criminal background information they need.

Groton, A, No issues on paper. February, 2012, report that the process in person went rather well with no issues.

Hamden, B-, Both minor, local town paperwork (really small) and passport photo.

Monroe, C, 3 reference letters, passport photo

Naugatuck, A, Paperwork has no issues. ( question the demanding your permanent permit check up front.

Stamford, C, They REQUIRE a separate form to be filled out with quite a bit of detail from the NRA or course instructor (not required by statute) and Stamford will take a digital photograph.

Vernon, C, Notary must have raised seal (not required in CT per Secretary of the State), extra $10.00 fingerprint fee.

Jonathan

brk913

Here we are. Eight more towns added, some oddball stuff, plenty not required by statute. Two towns actually got an "A".

http://ctpistolpermitissues.com
Naugatuck, A, Paperwork has no issues. ( question the demanding your permanent permit check up front.
Jonathan

That used to be SOP for all the departments, when they approved your temp permit they would give that check back to you with the temp permit so you had it in hand to go to DPS.

Last edited:

smokeyburnout

I forgot to say this about Beacon Falls earlier. The officer told me to make sure I kept my reciepts from payment in case my payments ever came into question. While this is fairly obvious it to me at least showed he had at least cared enough to state the obvious.

KIX

That used to be SOP for all the departments, when they approved your temp permit they would give that check back to you with the temp permit so you had it in hand to go to DPS.

Again, silly process. Think about it..... an applicant is handing a check to the dept., waiting the time it takes to get a permit (at the current glacial pace), and then getting the exact same check back to go to DPS..... Seems like it makes about as much sense as a frog not having a water tight butt to me!

Jonathan

heckle

Vernon, C, Notary must have raised seal (not required in CT per Secretary of the State), extra $10.00 fingerprint fee.
My wife and I filed our permit applications about two weeks ago in Vernon. They did not require a raised seal from a notary. They did require the extra fingerprinting fee. We ordered cards from Florida and got those done at the same time we got fingerprinted for FBI and local.