Thread: ctpistolpermitissues.com needs more town paperwork - updated 2.27.12

ctpistolpermitissues.com needs more town paperwork - updated 2.27.12

Hello all, still looking for info from the following towns. If you are able to get a copy and email it to me, I'd love to post them on the site.

If you don't have a scanner, other arrangements can be made.

Jonathan

Andover
    Ansonia
    Ashford
    Avon
    Barkhamsted
    Bethany
    Bethel
    Bethlehem
    Bolton
    Branford
    Bridgeport
    Bridgewater
    Brooklyn
    Burlington
    Canterbury
    Canton
    Chaplin
    Cheshire
    Chester
    Clinton
    Colchester
    Colebrook
    Columbia
    Coventry
    Cromwell
    Danbury
    Darien
    Deep River
    Durham
    Eastford
    East Granby
    East Haddam
    East Hartford
    East Haven
    East Lyme
    Easton
    East Windsor
    Ellington
    Enfield
    Franklin
    Greenwich
    Griswold
    Guilford
    Haddam
    Hampton
    Hartland
    Harwinton
    Hebron
    Kent
    Killingly
    Lebanon
    Ledyard
    Lisbon
    Lyme
    Madison
    Mansfield
    Marlborough
    Middlebury
    Middlefield
    Milford
    Montville
    Morris
    New Canaan
    New Fairfield
    New Hartford
    New Milford
    Newtown
    North Canaan
    North Stonington
    Old Lyme
    Oxford
    Plainville
    Pomfret
    Portland
    Prospect
    Putnam
    Redding
    Rocky Hill
    Roxbury
    Salem
    Scotland
    Sherman
    South Windsor
    Sprague
    Stafford
    Sterling
    Suffield
    Thomaston
    Thompson
    Tolland
    Union
    Voluntown
    Warren
    Washington
    Waterford
    Watertown
    Westbrook
    West Haven
    Weston
    Westport
    Willington
    Wilton
    Winchester
    Windham
    Windsor
    Wolcott
    Woodbury
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

This is the last time

Here is the Barkhamsted instruction sheet (this is the third time I've provided it - if you want us to get this information, please use it when we do). The Resident Trooper gives the applicant this sheet and the state application form. Only delay was getting the state to provide clearance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    (this is the third time I've provided it - if you want us to get this information, please use it when we do).
    Thanx, but damn man, it slipped through the cracks.

I get people handing me them in paper (in person), mailed to me, emailed to me, faxed to me and posted in forums. Not like there is opportunity to get one lost (and this is the first one that has been brought to my attention).

I'm a one man show and I'm also helping people when they email with problems.

Again, my apologies. Take it out of my check, OK?

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Take it out of my check, OK?

Jonathan
    If this effort will improve the situation for new applicants, we'll all take it out of our checks.

Thanks for tilting at this windmill.

The answer starts with "shall issue".

West Hartford

Kix - I mentioned on my previous thread but wanted to remind you that I got my permit in West Hartford with only the state form that was required. It took just over 8 weeks, but they hurried up once I informed them when the FBI background check was sent back. As long as you go in knowing the laws, they seem to obey with active follow up. The only thing outside the norm was taking 'mug shots' with a digital camera as part of the finger print taking.

Hope this helps.

GOPer, did they try to get you to sign that goofy waiver?

Jonathan

Kix, I have had several students go through WH without supplying anything outside statute including that waiver...they just needed to state they knew what was required and that was all they were providing and WH rolled right over and took it.

BRK, does that mean they didn't have the form or may have had it but kept it out?

Interesting, as I called out their former Chief at the LOB during last years testimony about 10 months ago......

Jonathan

They were given the form with the application but refused to fill it out or submit it. I think they are still looking for 3 letters of reference as well but will they process if you refuse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPer View Post
    Kix - I mentioned on my previous thread but wanted to remind you that I got my permit in West Hartford with only the state form that was required. It took just over 8 weeks, but they hurried up once I informed them when the FBI background check was sent back. As long as you go in knowing the laws, they seem to obey with active follow up. The only thing outside the norm was taking 'mug shots' with a digital camera as part of the finger print taking.

Hope this helps.
    You did not actually allow them to take a mugshot of you, did you? Fingerprints & mugshots .. sounds like you are a criminal.

All these requirements are BS. You have the right to defend yourself using a handgun. Why does the state think it stops at the end of your driveway? Its a right...just like voting ... can they charge you 200 bucks to vote? No. There is no difference. A right is a right. You regulate these rights through the laws ... like murder is a crime, assault with a deadly weapon ... not not just carrying, it cannot be a crime because it is a right itself.

Thanx.

I may be having a "face to face" with a few reps on the fence on the issue and good to know.

Just delivered more material on Monday to a few of them as well.

Hopefully, we get this permit bill out of committee!

Jonathan

I've got the info for Griswold. Don't have a scanner though, have a fax number?

Not at the moment.

I can PM you my address if you're willing to snail mail it and I'll include it in my next batch.

Jonathan

Paper mail will do. I'll send it out shortly.