• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ctpistolpermitissues.com needs more town paperwork - updated 2.27.12

KIX

Hello all, still looking for info from the following towns. If you are able to get a copy and email it to me, I'd love to post them on the site.

If you don't have a scanner, other arrangements can be made.

Jonathan

Andover
Ansonia
Ashford
Avon
Barkhamsted
Bethany
Bethel
Bethlehem
Bolton
Branford
Bridgeport
Bridgewater
Brooklyn
Burlington
Canterbury
Canton
Chaplin
Cheshire
Chester
Clinton
Colchester
Colebrook
Columbia
Coventry
Cromwell
Danbury
Darien
Deep River
Durham
Eastford
East Granby
East Haddam
East Hartford
East Haven
East Lyme
Easton
East Windsor
Ellington
Enfield
Franklin
Greenwich
Griswold
Guilford
Haddam
Hampton
Hartland
Harwinton
Hebron
Kent
Killingly
Lebanon
Ledyard
Lisbon
Lyme
Madison
Mansfield
Marlborough
Middlebury
Middlefield
Milford
Montville
Morris
New Canaan
New Fairfield
New Hartford
New Milford
Newtown
North Canaan
North Stonington
Old Lyme
Oxford
Plainville
Pomfret
Portland
Prospect
Putnam
Redding
Rocky Hill
Roxbury
Salem
Scotland
Sherman
South Windsor
Sprague
Stafford
Sterling
Suffield
Thomaston
Thompson
Tolland
Union
Voluntown
Warren
Washington
Waterford
Watertown
Westbrook
West Haven
Weston
Westport
Willington
Wilton
Winchester
Windham
Windsor
Wolcott
Woodbury

Skinnedknuckles

This is the last time

Here is the Barkhamsted instruction sheet (this is the third time I've provided it - if you want us to get this information, please use it when we do). The Resident Trooper gives the applicant this sheet and the state application form. Only delay was getting the state to provide clearance.

Attachments

• Barkhamsted Instructions.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 145

KIX

(this is the third time I've provided it - if you want us to get this information, please use it when we do).

Thanx, but damn man, it slipped through the cracks.

I get people handing me them in paper (in person), mailed to me, emailed to me, faxed to me and posted in forums. Not like there is opportunity to get one lost (and this is the first one that has been brought to my attention).

I'm a one man show and I'm also helping people when they email with problems.

Again, my apologies. Take it out of my check, OK?

Jonathan

GOPer

West Hartford

Kix - I mentioned on my previous thread but wanted to remind you that I got my permit in West Hartford with only the state form that was required. It took just over 8 weeks, but they hurried up once I informed them when the FBI background check was sent back. As long as you go in knowing the laws, they seem to obey with active follow up. The only thing outside the norm was taking 'mug shots' with a digital camera as part of the finger print taking.

Hope this helps.

KIX

GOPer, did they try to get you to sign that goofy waiver?

Jonathan

brk913

Kix, I have had several students go through WH without supplying anything outside statute including that waiver...they just needed to state they knew what was required and that was all they were providing and WH rolled right over and took it.

KIX

BRK, does that mean they didn't have the form or may have had it but kept it out?

Interesting, as I called out their former Chief at the LOB during last years testimony about 10 months ago......

Jonathan

brk913

They were given the form with the application but refused to fill it out or submit it. I think they are still looking for 3 letters of reference as well but will they process if you refuse.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Kix - I mentioned on my previous thread but wanted to remind you that I got my permit in West Hartford with only the state form that was required. It took just over 8 weeks, but they hurried up once I informed them when the FBI background check was sent back. As long as you go in knowing the laws, they seem to obey with active follow up. The only thing outside the norm was taking 'mug shots' with a digital camera as part of the finger print taking.

Hope this helps.

You did not actually allow them to take a mugshot of you, did you? Fingerprints & mugshots .. sounds like you are a criminal.

All these requirements are BS. You have the right to defend yourself using a handgun. Why does the state think it stops at the end of your driveway? Its a right...just like voting ... can they charge you 200 bucks to vote? No. There is no difference. A right is a right. You regulate these rights through the laws ... like murder is a crime, assault with a deadly weapon ... not not just carrying, it cannot be a crime because it is a right itself.

KIX

Thanx.

I may be having a "face to face" with a few reps on the fence on the issue and good to know.

Just delivered more material on Monday to a few of them as well.

Hopefully, we get this permit bill out of committee!

Jonathan

KIX

Not at the moment.

I can PM you my address if you're willing to snail mail it and I'll include it in my next batch.

Jonathan