Thread: Teachers who conceal-carry

Teachers who conceal-carry

Just saw this on CNN, and it got me thinking.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/27...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

Do you think teachers should be allowed to conceal carry? Would it make a difference when senseless violence like this occurs? Looking for opinions. I don't think there is a right answer.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

well,,,

there is a right answer,,,,, all teachers should carry,, anyway they wish...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Do you think teachers should be allowed to conceal carry?
    Teachers should be able to carry however they wish, just like any other free person.

Campaign Veteran
    Should?

Some already do...they just can't let anyone know.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Should?
    Yes, should. Legally. I figure that if they were legally allowed to carry within school limits with a CWP, they might be able to keep incidents like the one I linked to from happening.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

In Israel, they practically REQUIRE public school teachers to carry.

School teachers should be allowed to carry anywhere that any other citizen should.

This doesn not mean that I think teachers should get some sort of special perk for being a teacher. It means that ANY citizen who is not otherwise prohibited from carry should be able to carry in a school--or anywhere else--they see fit...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Any place where large groups congregate for any amount of time attract predators, so those who choose to be in these places ought to be prepared.

How about put this way: Teachers should not be PROHIBITED from carrying if they so desire.

Yes - it could

Herr Heckler Koch
    The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene. IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene. IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.
    Yes, but considering what passes for education in many public schools should we really trust some teachers with our children? If the leftists had their way our kids would be molded in their image. Remember, it was Stalin who said "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

Having teachers carry in a GFSZ sounds good until the first teacher uses one against someone who isn't allowed to carry. How about just not infringing upon ANYONE's right to bear arms (including students).
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene.
    I agree with reservations discussed below.

IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.
    But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the homeschooling in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on schooling (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that teachers should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and school district policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in the classroom. Based on some of the teachers I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Teacher should be allowed as a blanket role to just any teacher. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their students, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in the mall or McDonald's... Schools are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed teacher should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post

But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the internet shopping in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on malls (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that mall employees should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and company policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in Victoria's Secret. Based on some of the mall employees I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Mall Ninja should be allowed as a blanket role to just any mall employee. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their customers, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in a school or daycare... Malls are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed mall cashier should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\
    Fix'd for you.

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jack House; 03-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post

But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the homeschooling in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on schooling (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that teachers should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and school district policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in the classroom. Based on some of the teachers I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Teacher should be allowed as a blanket role to just any teacher. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their students, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in the mall or McDonald's... Schools are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed teacher should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\
    No flaming here, sir.

In fact, I don't really think your comments needed any censorship or editing.

We do still have freedom of speech, even if some may not agree with what we are saying.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired