• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teachers who conceal-carry

Dreamer

In Israel, they practically REQUIRE public school teachers to carry.

School teachers should be allowed to carry anywhere that any other citizen should.

This doesn not mean that I think teachers should get some sort of special perk for being a teacher. It means that ANY citizen who is not otherwise prohibited from carry should be able to carry in a school--or anywhere else--they see fit...

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene. IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.

ldsgeek

The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene. IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.

Yes, but considering what passes for education in many public schools should we really trust some teachers with our children? If the leftists had their way our kids would be molded in their image. Remember, it was Stalin who said "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

Daylen

Having teachers carry in a GFSZ sounds good until the first teacher uses one against someone who isn't allowed to carry. How about just not infringing upon ANYONE's right to bear arms (including students).

Freedom First

The argument for armed teachers is quite the same as for armed pilots, they're first on the scene.

I agree with reservations discussed below.

IF we trust teachers with our children then how can we not trust them with guns.

But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the homeschooling in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on schooling (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that teachers should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and school district policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in the classroom. Based on some of the teachers I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Teacher should be allowed as a blanket role to just any teacher. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their students, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in the mall or McDonald's... Schools are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed teacher should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\

Jack House

But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the internet shopping in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on malls (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that mall employees should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and company policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in Victoria's Secret. Based on some of the mall employees I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Mall Ninja should be allowed as a blanket role to just any mall employee. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their customers, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in a school or daycare... Malls are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed mall cashier should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\
Fix'd for you.

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

Last edited:

MilProGuy

But I don't... I don't trust just anyone with my kids. Thus the homeschooling in my home.

Regardless of my personal views on schooling (and they are many and often offensive), I do think that teachers should be able to carry to work, and then based on who they are and school district policies (insurance, local laws, etc., they may or may not be able to carry in the classroom. Based on some of the teachers I have met, I don't think the job of an Armed Teacher should be allowed as a blanket role to just any teacher. You know, like most professions, many are great but some of these folks are unbalanced at best. I.e. sleeping with their students, etc...

IMO Carrying at work when you are surrounded by someone else's kids is different than carry at work in the mall or McDonald's... Schools are a very dynamic place with lots of different people and situations, some good and some bad. Employment as an armed teacher should involve a psych exam and then very specific training. Retention, marksmanship with regular qualifications, real time point shooting, hostage training, basic martial arts, etc.

\\Flame on!\\

No flaming here, sir.

In fact, I don't really think your comments needed any censorship or editing.

We do still have freedom of speech, even if some may not agree with what we are saying.