• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

called the cops

Jonathan Hoff

I was wondering when this would happen, I have been open carrying for a while now and so far have had very few people even ask about what I carry or why. I've never been told I scared or offended people. I got the police called on me by a guy who claimed to have worked 25 years as a police officer.

He told me it was illegal to carry a gun with out an open carry permit and since i didn't have that i was breaking the law.
The Police came and told the guy he was wrong and i was allowed to open carry in this location

but anyways the officer was nice and was real calm I wasn't treated badly or even questioned I recorded the the event with audio

It took about 20 minutes of my time but it didn't really bother me

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

I got the police called on me by a guy who claimed to have worked 25 years as a police officer.

Howdy Pard!
Sounds like the guy who claimed to have been a cop for 25 years was likely not a good one for 24 of them.
Or maybe he was a cop in some Soviet bloc country.
What excuse did he have for being so desperately ignorant of our laws?
And by the way... isn't one of their favorite axioms the old saw about "ignorance of the law is no excuse"?

It is well this did not happen to me, because I'd have most enthusiastically told the man he's an idiot.
Not just an idiot, but one that just made a fool of himself in front of actual cops doing the actual job on the actual streets.
In addition to which, my bliss that he isn't among them.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand abuse of police authority, especially from someone who no longer has police authority.

Gee, I now must cogitate on whether he retired or got dismissed from his job as a cop due to ignornace.
After all, how can one enforce the law if they haven't the faintest idea what the law is? DUH!!!

In actual point of fact, I think a case could have been made to file a charge against him for making a false complaint!
That's a real charge for violating a real law, which is probably something else he doesn't know about either!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Deserteagle8338

It amazes me that some people have the nerve to walk up to strangers and involve themselves in the stranger's business. I would have said go F yourself and walked away.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like the caller needs his phone carry permit revoked for malicious misuse.

+1 :lol:

Sounds like the guy who claimed to have been a cop for 25 years was likely not a good one for 24 of them.
Or maybe he was a cop in some Soviet bloc country.

Like Whitehousestrovskya?

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand abuse of police authority, especially from someone who no longer has police authority.

Or probably never did, at least not in this state.