• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voted this morrning...

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
That's a negative to to questions #1-2, Mr. Bronson.

This township hall doesn't have a court room. It's a small meeting hall out in the middle of the sticks.

Take care, sir.

Respectfully,
Billy

-Combat veteran of U.S. Naval Special Warfare

did that sign appear to be up all the time or was it just up for voting? (not that it is legal in either case)

Billy

I'm fairly certain that the unlawful signage was posted following a knee-jerk reaction to the last time I voted at that location, this 'cause I know of no other men or women in these parts that exercise their rights to open-carry.

I trust the follow-up letter sent to the township board members will prove helpful.

Take care, sir.

Respectfully,
Billy

-Combat veteran of U.S. Naval Special Warfare

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Voted at 3:30 today.....all of 178 people had bothered to inconvenience themself to vote. I know it was a little early, I know alot of people have JOBS and arn't out till after 5pm, I am just amazed that people don't participate in the political process..... one that alot of people have died defending our right to do so. Its a real shame. Oh, and speaking of shame..... I DID NOT OC at the polling place, a local VFW hall. My bad, I turned and burned out the door so quickly when I got home (changed clothes) I left my pistol on my dresser........major fail. That wont happen again.

You are aware that it is a PRIMARY election, an election in which party members select candidates for an election. (Yes, I know MI has an "Open Primary")

Beretta92FSLady

Voting should be extended to a week, and all Americans that are of age to vote should be required to vote; it is a Duty as far as I am concerned.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Voting should be extended to a week, and all Americans that are of age to vote should be required to vote; it is a Duty as far as I am concerned.

And as with everything that is a "duty," it will be decided by the ignorant majority.

B

Bikenut

I say, if you don't vote, you shouldnt get your tax refund check that year.

We don't want any restrictions/regulations/penalties assessed onto the right to bear arms.... (and a penalty for NOT exercising a right is still an infringement since it doesn't matter what kind of control is happening, or if we agree with that control, just the fact that there is control is the infringement)...

Please let us not suggest doing the exact same thing to any other rights that we don't want done to the right to bear arms.

WARCHILD

Your vote means absolutely nothing; except to justify a person's willingness to take part in a constitutional right and let the "powers that be" know which way the country is leaning.
Until the electoral college is dissolved and returned to election by popular vote; your vote doesn't count.
Google how many times the candidate won the popular vote, but lost the election by votes counted in the electoral college. I believe it has happened three or four times; but it proves the point that the popular vote meant absolutely nothing to the outcome of the election.

As an anti-government non-voter; it also gives me the right to complain about all candidates and not be "required" to choose the lesser from a bucket of all evils.

JMO

WARCHILD

Sorry but voting is a right; not a duty. A duty implies a required responsibility for an action or purpose.
I do have a duty to support and defend the rights under the constitution; which states I have the right to vote.
Nothing states I have a duty to or am required to vote.