Thread: Why hasn't he been crushed?!

Why hasn't he been crushed?!

I found this lulzy.

Had to share.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1306320.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

I don't listen to or read anything about Stewart. He continues to state he is only a comedian but his commentaries, though based on comedy, are what he believes and is trying to sway others. He is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    I don't listen to or read anything about Stewart. He continues to state he is only a comedian but his commentaries, though based on comedy, are what he believes and is trying to sway others. He is part of the problem and not part of the solution.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    but it's not like he makes up his material. he has it all provided to him by those that he's commenting on, whether it be a politician or a cable news channel. all he does is point out the obvious and put it under a comedic guise.

IMO, it's hilarious. one of my favorite shows.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    but it's not like he makes up his material. he has it all provided to him by those that he's commenting on, whether it be a politician or a cable news channel. all he does is point out the obvious and put it under a comedic guise.

IMO, it's hilarious. one of my favorite shows.
    He can be funny, but he's still a lib. With the goldmine of insipid statements the democraps consistently give us, like Hank Johnson concerned the island of Guam may capsize because of the military equipment. Stewart seems to focus most of his attention trying to bring down the republicans.

In his defense he seems to support Ron Paul.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    In his defense he seems to support Ron Paul.
    +1

He has never outright said this, but regardless of his own beliefs, seems to support the best man for the job.

(much like Dr. Paul himself regardless of his own beliefs, doesn't push agendas that the will of the people wont go for)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    He can be funny, but he's still a lib. With the goldmine of insipid statements the democraps consistently give us, like Hank Johnson concerned the island of Guam may capsize because of the military equipment. Stewart seems to focus most of his attention trying to bring down the republicans.
    Republicans seem to be doing a pretty good job of doing that themselves. Stewart is just good at pointing it out while making faces and noises, eliciting laughs because he is actually hard-hitting when people are talking out of both sides of their mouths. E.g. Santorum's comments that mean to attack Obama, his subsequent backpedal, and then how much the backpedal statement reflected Obama's comment.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Stewert is just just another dingleberry serving his master, Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Stewert is just just another dingleberry serving his master, Obama.
    As if individuals in the media, or 'commoners' don't serve their right-wing ilk.

Let's get real here; individuals typically fall down one of the two party lines. If he appears to support Paul, that's great but Paul is running on the wrong ticket, IMO (yes, I am posting this again).
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Republicans seem to be doing a pretty good job of doing that themselves. Stewart is just good at pointing it out while making faces and noises, eliciting laughs because he is actually hard-hitting when people are talking out of both sides of their mouths. E.g. Santorum's comments that mean to attack Obama, his subsequent backpedal, and then how much the backpedal statement reflected Obama's comment.
    this. the only reason he comes down so hard on the Republican is that they make it SO EASY. Watch him enough you'll see him come down on democrats-they just don't supply as much material.

Same goes for Faux News. They provide plenty of material, but I've seen him come down on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox all at once, and CNN alone plenty of times.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm