Thread: examiner.com - Despite repeal of one gun a month law, Va. gun owners have ‘mile to go

Moderator / Administrator

examiner.com - Despite repeal of one gun a month law, Va. gun owners have ‘mile to go

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...ve-miles-to-go

SNIP

Today Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell (R) signed bills repealing Virginia’s “one gun a month” law. This leaves only 3 states - California, New Jersey, and Maryland – still rationing gun purchases.

Though this change in Virginia law attracted a lot of main stream media attention . . . Virginia will remain rated as having more restrictive gun laws than 31 other states – no change at all in its position between Georgia and Delaware. . . .

I don't think our gunlaws are restricting at all and I think they are much better than Georgia's laws. We can open carry at 18 without a licence, in Georgia you have to have a permit and be 21.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSteve032 View Post
    I don't think our gunlaws are restricting at all and I think they are much better than Georgia's laws. We can open carry at 18 without a licence, in Georgia you have to have a permit and be 21.
    +1

Every time I go down to Georgia, I gripe and moan about the annoying carry laws. South Carolina is worse, but Virginia has Georgia beat hands down.

But I'm sure the NRA rubric includes a whole bunch of political stickling points which don't affect the day-to-day carrier.

I'm still waiting for University Carry, and National Forest carry, while everyone else is apparently busy buying more guns per month than I can afford, and trying to screw up Virginia's common law.

We've got miles to go, but not in the direction that some big players think we need to go first. Meh.