Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: WDFW Seized Firearm Auction!

OT: WDFW Seized Firearm Auction!

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/auction.html

March 10th Packwood, WA. Preview begins @ 8:00 AM, and the auction begins @ 10:55 AM.

I was thinking about attending since I need to look for a cheap "Shooter" gun. If anything it would be interesting to take a look around and see what's up for auction.

Is anyone thinking about going?

P.S. I know it's sorta "Off-Topic", and it doesn't really represent the whole OC thing, but it's a Firearm auction! We all carry guns! Guns & OC go hand-in-hand!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/auction.html

March 10th Packwood, WA. Preview begins @ 8:00 AM, and the auction begins @ 10:55 AM.

I was thinking about attending since I need to look for a cheap "Shooter" gun. If anything it would be interesting to take a look around and see what's up for auction.

Is anyone thinking about going?

P.S. I know it's sorta "Off-Topic", and it doesn't really represent the whole OC thing, but it's a Firearm auction! We all carry guns! Guns & OC go hand-in-hand!

Go bid on stolen guns? No, thanks.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Then why'd you say "No" when you can say nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Then why'd you say "No" when you can say nothing?
    Sorry man, I meant no dis-respect to you. My comment was mostly made in jest.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Sorry man, I meant no dis-respect to you. My comment was mostly made in jest.
    It's ok. I'm still not used to this forum.

well,,,

they call it an auction, but I dont!
    see the supposed bids,,, pretty high concidering how much time there is to go...
    these are fake bids, they dont realy reflect true offers,, 110 bucks for a highpoint?
    these guns are mostly poor quality, in bad shape, missing mags, taped stocks, missing the bolt of a rifle that is BID at 200 bucks?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    they call it an auction, but I dont!
    see the supposed bids,,, pretty high concidering how much time there is to go...
    these are fake bids, they dont realy reflect true offers,, 110 bucks for a highpoint?
    these guns are mostly poor quality, in bad shape, missing mags, taped stocks, missing the bolt of a rifle that is BID at 200 bucks?
    Considering who the DFW seizes these firearms from they're about average. You don't expect poachers to take their best stuff with them do you? Actually, I saw some surprisingly nice rifles in the bunch with some low bids, so far.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Would you rather they be melted down?

I think I get what your saying.

Government seizure = stolen from citizens.

Yeah, I agree. Hold property until the person is released from their sentence (jail, or prison, or probation) and then return property to lawful owner. Thus adhering to that pesky old COTUS that both liberals and conservatives hate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I think I get what your saying.

Government seizure = stolen from citizens.

Yeah, I agree. Hold property until the person is released from their sentence (jail, or prison, or probation) and then return property to lawful owner. Thus adhering to that pesky old COTUS that both liberals and conservatives hate so much.
    Poachers = stealing from legal hunters.

I say let us legal acquire their lost weapons. I have no sympathies for poachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

I say let us legal acquire their lost weapons. I have no sympathies for poachers.
    Now if they would only seize the cars from DUI repeat offenders.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Not necessarily. In every state I'm aware of, there is a statute on the books declaring that all wild animals belong to the state. "Legal hunters" just agree to pay the state's fee for the privilege of killing the state's animals.

That being said, I have a lot to lose, so I go through the rigamarole of buying licenses, tags, etc. However, if I came upon some guy dressing out a doe without a tag on it, I wouldn't begrudge him for not getting on his knees and paying a tax to kill the king's deer. If it was a 12-point buck, however, maybe things would be different...

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I know you're on a personal MADD crusade, but do you seriously think it is healthy to expand what government can take from citizens who violate an arbitrarily-set government standard (.08 is a number meaning completely different things for different people)?

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Not necessarily. In every state I'm aware of, there is a statute on the books declaring that all wild animals belong to the state. "Legal hunters" just agree to pay the state's fee for the privilege of killing the state's animals.

That being said, I have a lot to lose, so I go through the rigamarole of buying licenses, tags, etc. However, if I came upon some guy dressing out a doe without a tag on it, I wouldn't begrudge him for not getting on his knees and paying a tax to kill the king's deer. If it was a 12-point buck, however, maybe things would be different...
    I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family (he wasn't exactly making ends meet). I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.
    Last edited by p2a1x7; 03-02-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p2a1x7 View Post
    I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family. I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."
    -Gen. 9:3

I would never support unsustainable, wanton killing. On the other hand, if a man kills a member of an overpopulation of whitetails in his backyard, feeds his family with it, and doesn't pay the government for his own hard work, I don't see an actual crime, moral or otherwise.

As far as illegal hunting methods, I'd agree that shooting a deer from the window of a truck isn't sporting nor really even "hunting." However, if the intent is to feed one's family, who am I to judge another man's methods? Cutting off the head of a chicken or cutting a hog's throat aren't sporting activities, either.

Please understand that I'm not talking about drunks taking potshots at random deer from heavily-traveled, paved highways here.

After fair due process, of course. Not on the side of the road, "just because", right?

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Sans an injured party? That's down right un-American.

Yes, that is why we threw off the yoke of kings. So people could get arrested for poaching the State's deer, instead of the King's deer.

Now excuse me while I go pay my "reasonable" tax of 30%+

Quote Originally Posted by p2a1x7 View Post
    I had a neighbor who I was told was a poacher. We lived in the woods and he was not well off. Killed deer to feed his family (he wasn't exactly making ends meet). I'm not a hunter so I don't really know where I stand on poachers. I do know some are real dicks though.
    Well, according to Locke that is his Right. Would you rather him steal from Safeway?

In every state I'm aware of, there is a statute on the books declaring that all wild animals belong to the state.
    Under what constitutional authority?
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    I never made the claim that there is any. I was merely pointing out that the State purports to be the owner of all wild animals within its geographic boundaries.

The Idaho version:
    36-103. Wildlife property of state -- Preservation.
    (a) Wildlife Policy. All wildlife, including all wild animals, wild birds, and fish, within the state of Idaho, is hereby declared to be the property of the state of Idaho. It shall be preserved, protected, perpetuated, and managed. It shall be only captured or taken at such times or places, under such conditions, or by such means, or in such manner, as will preserve, protect, and perpetuate such wildlife, and provide for the citizens of this state and, as by law permitted to others, continued supplies of such wildlife for hunting, fishing and trapping.
    (b) Commission to Administer Policy. Because conditions are changing and in changing affect the preservation, protection, and perpetuation of Idaho wildlife, the methods and means of administering and carrying out the state's policy must be flexible and dependent on the ascertainment of facts which from time to time exist and fix the needs for regulation and control of fishing, hunting, trapping, and other activity relating to wildlife, and because it is inconvenient and impractical for the legislature of the state of Idaho to administer such policy, it shall be the authority, power and duty of the fish and game commission to administer and carry out the policy of the state in accordance with the provisions of the Idaho fish and game code. The commission is not authorized to change such policy but only to administer it.
    As my posts show, I don't agree with the state's use of effective eminent domain over wild animals which should be used by individuals according to their needs and their willingness to put in the work to harvest, butcher, process, etc.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 03-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    The 10th Amendment, I believe, since it states that those powers not granted to the Federal govt are the realm of the states, or of the people...

We have the ability to change the state rules easily, we just need the ability to get the knuckleheads in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties to change the way they vote...and stand up straight and stop leaning to the left so much.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    The 10th Amendment, I believe, since it states that those powers not granted to the Federal govt are the realm of the states, or of the people...
    You are correct about what the 10th Amendment says, but I don't think an argument could be made that the Founders envisioned states declaring that a natural resource, formerly held in common by all people for their personal, discretionary use, is now under the sole dominion of state governments. That would be akin to a state declaring ownership of all water within it, and forbidding people to collect rainwater, dig wells, or fill buckets in creeks without obtaining the proper licenses and tags.

That would be akin to a state declaring ownership of all water within it, and forbidding people to collect rainwater, dig wells, or fill buckets in creeks without obtaining the proper licenses and tags.
    Yeah, a tax on rainwater would NEVER happen in a free America.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/741579/posts

http://www.hoosieraccess.com/2011/05...ain-water-tax/

http://americansforprosperity.org/04...ax-onrainwater

BTW, permits and inspections are required for wells. Even hand dug surface wells. Regularly taking water form a creek or river also requires a permit afaik.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 03-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Yeah, a tax on rainwater would NEVER happen in a free America.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/741579/posts

http://www.hoosieraccess.com/2011/05...ain-water-tax/

http://americansforprosperity.org/04...ax-onrainwater

BTW, permits and inspections are required for wells. Even hand dug surface wells. Regularly taking water form a creek or river also requires a permit afaik.
    In Idaho, domestic wells (under 13,000 gallons/day) are not required to be permitted. We can also divert up to 2,500 gallons/day with no permit.

And while "tax on rainwater" is a catchy title for anti-tax groups (which I wholeheartedly support), your links suggest the tax is really on drainage that goes into the public sewer system (which I think should obviously be private, and charge fees according to what the market will bear).

And I've certainly never claimed that America is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast